No props to VJ thread?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I saw a props to Keim thread, what about one for Vance?

The defense is legit. They’ve basically manhandled 4 playoff caliber teams so far in Rams, Titans, niners, and Browns.
They’re only allowing about 18ppg. That’s pretty impressive in today’s NFL.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

The defense is legit. They’ve basically manhandled 4 playoff caliber teams so far in Rams, Titans, niners, and Browns.
Lol..... right??

We’re ONLY A TOP FIVE DEFENSE!!!

Playing alongside a TOP FIVE OFFENSE!!!

And unlike the other top five defenses we have actually played some decent offenses

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No props for Vance Joseph. We don't want him getting too much fanfare that causes him to leave us for another HC position :)

JK, Vance has been awesome. Year 1 he didn't have Robert Alford and PP got suspended for the first 8 games. Year 2 he loses CJ and still finds a way to help this team produce sacks and pressures. Year 3 he has this team balling out, especially on 4th down! If Zaven Collins can come on during the latter part of this season like Isaiah did last year you have to really like our chances to make a deep run come Jan/Feb.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No props for Vance Joseph. We don't want him getting too much fanfare that causes him to leave us for another HC position :)

JK, Vance has been awesome. Year 1 he didn't have Robert Alford and PP got suspended for the first 8 games. Year 2 he loses CJ and still finds a way to help this team produce sacks and pressures. Year 3 he has this team balling out, especially on 4th down! If Zaven Collins can come on during the latter part of this season like Isaiah did last year you have to really like our chances to make a deep run come Jan/Feb.
Ha! We think alike!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But a serious question, I wonder how much input he's had in construction of the defensive roster. It took 2 full season and lots of turn over to get it here. I do fear he has more say than we realize and losing him to cause us to take a few steps back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We said lots of good things about him in teh game thread yesterday.

I liked how he had Watt lining up outside more with Chandler out. I also liked how early in the game we often had a 6 man line on running downs. We weren't necessarily 8 in the box but we had 6 at the LOS we kind of dared Cleveland to throw, they did and I think it helped us get out to a fast start that they weren't running more.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

I agree. And he has been pressured a ton by the other team going for it on fourth down. Hard to believe we have stopped SEVEN fourth down attempts in two weeks. That is probably more than most defenses face all season. Whatever he is calling, it is putting our DBs in position to make plays on the ball.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if Chandler Jones is brought back. If Vance can manufacture a pass rush without him -- might not need to drop a huge contract on him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If Vance did get a HC job, I would not be surprised if the Cardinals gave DB coach Marcus Robertson a serious look. He has been a secondary coach in the league for 10+ years. He has done great work with the secondary in AZ despite not having a ton of talent provided to him. A name to keep in mind.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Screw the two third round compensatory draft picks. I don't want VJ going anywhere else next season. He's a top 8 D.C. in my opinion. Unlike the Rams he doesn't have two of the top five NFL defenders in his arsenal. I think he finally has 'his guys' and it shows on the field.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Let's say VJ does get an head coaching position next year. Who will be our next DC? Someone internal or go out and grab someone? Takes 1-2 seasons for the D to learn a new system.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Let's say VJ does get an head coaching position next year. Who will be our next DC? Someone internal or go out and grab someone? Takes 1-2 seasons for the D to learn a new system.
It depends who is available. Vic Fangio. Mike Zimmer. Those guys would be worth looking into. We have some viable internal options as well in terms of time in the league and results.

(edited to change worst to worth)

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends who is available. Vic Fangio. Mike Zimmer. Those guys would be worst looking into. We have some viable internal options as well in terms of time in the league and results.
Id prefer to hire internally if possible. I think it would bode well for where this team is headed as a whole. JMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose