No home field advantage?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Home teams have gone 7-6 so far in week 1, no fan noise, no hostile environment for the visitor, no yelling at the refs. The early eyeball test says perhaps there is no home field advantage in the covid era. Change expectations accordingly?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So question about this...Is the crowd noise that is piped in louder when the road team has the ball? Because if not I feel it should be in order to replicate a real-life scenario which would be helpful to cresting home field advantage.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So question about this...Is the crowd noise that is piped in louder when the road team has the ball? Because if not I feel it should be in order to replicate a real-life scenario which would be helpful to cresting home field advantage.
It’s my understanding that the crowd noise is created for TV. It’s not actually on the field.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they have some noise, but it’s not the same as what we are hearing in the broadcast. All they get on the field is the simulation of a crowd murmur. Where as the broadcast actually sounds loud at times and that isn’t the case on the field.

I can't find the article but there was a distinct mention last week of Shanahan saying there were league limits on decibel levels but other than that it was up to the home team and they were experimenting with what sound level they preferred. So I think the players do hear it, I just don't know if they're hearing what we were hearing.

another point, the 49ers and Cards players all are saying the same thing, the air quality looked bad but they didn't notice difficulty breathing for the most part. The problem is air quality experts say that doesn't matter, its' the cumulative effect of bad air you take in that's the danger, it's not a I didn't feel it so I'm ok situation. FWIW I've seen multiple health experts say the game shouldn't have been played.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA