Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 12-26-2020

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were also quite a few plays where kyler was sitting back there with time and couldn’t find anyone. Either kyler can’t read at all, the niners back-up-to-the-backups became all-pros today, or the scheme is so easily identified that no one has a chance to get open. I’m inclined to believe the last. I think kliff has been revealed as chip Kelly.
I think Ouchie hit the nail on head with this.

It's a gimmick offense that worked in college.

It does not work in the NFL because DC's can see right through and they have the athletes to make the adjustments.

Once one team figures out how to stop it, the others follow suit.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Bottom line - the Cards played like they expected to win simply by showing up...3rd-string QB? Backups on defense? No problem!

They seemed to forget that the players wearing white & gold are professionals and get paid too.

I don't think KK is a good coach...but I also realize he's not getting fired after this year (and neither is Keim), so all we as fans can hope for is he gets better...quickly!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The one to DHop bad throw, yes Johnson was open on the deep throw to Kirk. The one to Kirk again that's a TD in the NFL, NFL Wr's catch that ball every week, Kirk dropped it just like he did against NE.

Im not saying he's perfect but the drop by Kirk, multiple drops by Arnold. The inability to run the ball the whole game meaning Kyler had to be the guy running the ball too which puts even more on him. He has to get better absolutely but he's had a very good year and he's a very good player, he needs help. Stop getting false starts, stop dropping passes. We keep putting him in situations where HE has to make a great play to get us out

Beathard didn't make one tough throw in the game they got 21 points off run game and scheme.
Yes all true, but he throw also a unforced INT. He let drake run multiple times on play actions in the wall when he should have kept the ball and run.

Yes he had a good season overall but he had 3-4 really bad games and he had a slump. At some point he should shoulder the team or at least give some the chance to drop the ball so that someone else is to blame.

But yes expect for Hop and maybe Fitz as a TE and Hump as LT I would look into an overhaul of that side of the ball.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s fascinating to watch an under talented team scheme players open like shanahan did and then watch kyler consistently try to squeeze the ball into tiny windows. It’s so rare that we see a wide open receiver like keesean today that’s it’s basically one play a game, at best. Either kk can’t scheme anyone open, people are open and kyler is not being properly taught to locate them, or kyler just can’t read.

D : All of the above

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Ouchie hit the nail on head with this.

It's a gimmick offense that worked in college.

It does not work in the NFL because DC's can see right through and they have the athletes to make the adjustments.

Once one team figures out how to stop it, the others follow suit.

(Second year)

Total yds: 5939 (2nd in League)

Yup! those DC's have it all figured out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
(Second year)

Total yds: 5939 (2nd in League)

Yup! those DC's have it all figured out.

I look at this a bit different. I think Kliff is poor at managing clutch situations at times, but Keim is a slightly below average GM and hasn't given Kliff good enough players to run his scheme.

Kliff can scheme an offense that is SECOND In the league in yardage. But when situational football becomes important, the crap players fall apart.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look at this a bit different. I think Kliff is poor at managing clutch situations at times, but Keim is a slightly below average GM and hasn't given Kliff good enough players to run his scheme.

Kliff can scheme an offense that is SECOND In the league in yardage. But when situational football becomes important, the crap players fall apart.

KEIM got him, arguably, the best w/o in football in a trade.

Christian Kirk had a late first/early second-round grade and he was selected at #47

Fitz still has his hands.

I see Andy Isabella as a KK pick. He envisaged him, IMO, as a Julian Edelman type of addition to his wideout corps.

Kenyan Drake is running at a 4.0 av. per carry, has 10TDs and could reach a thousand yards today. Chase Edmonds 4.8.

And our "situational" football (inside the 20) is dramatically better than in year one. Our third down conversion is up 4% over last season.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
KEIM got him, arguably, the best w/o in football in a trade.

Christian Kirk had a late first/early second-round grade and he was selected at #47

Fitz still has his hands.

I see Andy Isabella as a KK pick. He envisaged him, IMO, as a Julian Edelman type of addition to his wideout corps.

Kenyan Drake is running at a 5.5 av. per carry, has 10TDs and could reach a thousand yards today. Chase Edmonds 4.8.

And our "situational" football (inside the 20) is dramatically better than in year one. Our third down conversion is up 4% over last season.

Kirk has failed on the field to be a top wide out, so his grade means nothing now.

Drake has run like crap recently, and actually for a good portion of this year. He has left a lot of yards on the field. He isn't a good lead back. Edmonds is a nice backup, that's it.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirk has failed on the field to be a top wide out, so his grade means nothing now.

Drake has run like crap recently, and actually for a good portion of this year. He has left a lot of yards on the field. He isn't a good lead back. Edmonds is a nice backup, that's it.

The point is that one can hardly blame KEIM on the KIRK pick and, yes, DRAKE is no Dalvin Cook but the possibility of 1000 yds and 10+ TDs is not to be scoffed at in today's game.