Nick Vigil's Rough Start

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Obviously, two games isn't enough time to fully evaluate a player, but Nick Vigil is putting up some staggering numbers, and not in a good way.

Missed tackle rate - 33%
Completion % allowed - 87.4%
Yards allowed per target - 11.4
Passer rating against - 114.1
QB pressures/hits - 0
Tackles - 8
% of Def Snaps: 45%
% of ST Snaps: 40%

He is out there stinking it up on almost half of the defensive plays. There is no way this dude should be getting this many snaps no matter what the situation. Bring up Wooten from the PS if you have to. I can't see him being any worse than a guy who is missing a third of his tackles.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Vigil stinks, but the most disturbing thing is that NO inside linebacker has ever looked good while playing for Vance Joseph here. I'm not sure if it's even possible.
im agree with u but regarding Vigil..
He had a pff rating of 42 last season with the Vikings playing 16 games and starting 12

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let the rookies and younger plays, when sub par veterans has little/zero to offer its better let your young guys make experience and likely someone can show off his potential

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think Vigil stinks, but the most disturbing thing is that NO inside linebacker has ever looked good while playing for Vance Joseph here. I'm not sure if it's even possible.
I mean, Hicks looked good within the scheme; he just didn't have the athleticism to be particularly good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, Hicks looked good within the scheme; he just didn't have the athleticism to be particularly good.
It’s an interesting conundrum:

Play the guy who doesn’t undermine the integrity of the defensive scheme but is physically limited in making plays; or

Play the guy whose knowledge undermines the integrity of the scheme but possesses physical traits to make pop plays.

The former lends itself to consistency. The latter should result in big plays (going both directions).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Play the guy who doesn’t undermine the integrity of the defensive scheme but is physically limited in making plays; or

Play the guy whose knowledge undermines the integrity of the scheme but possesses physical traits to make pop plays.

The former lends itself to consistency. The latter should result in big plays (going both directions).
You have to go with the latter, the young guys should learn, Vigil is never getting any better.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Too bad we need to rely on Keim to bring a player in who can excel in both.