Nick Piecoro: ”No coaching changes going to be made.”

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Perfect. Keep the same guys that gave you these crappy results. That's usually how it works right? Keep doing the same thing and expect different results

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perfect. Keep the same guys that gave you these crappy results. That's usually how it works right? Keep doing the same thing and expect different results

They had three consecutive winning seasons that included a playoff appearance and a playoff series win leading into this year. I am no fan of Torey but geez what more can you expect from a large market team that acts like a small market team? If the next three years they have the winning seasons and a playoff appearance knowing we share a division with the Dodgers and you aren't happy with that...well I don't know what to say.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Nah, just can’t compete with the the Doyer’s payroll.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
MLB really needs to implement a hard salary cap. I know the big teams won't like it. But competition creates for better game all around.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They had three consecutive winning seasons that included a playoff appearance and a playoff series win leading into this year. I am no fan of Torey but geez what more can you expect from a large market team that acts like a small market team? If the next three years they have the winning seasons and a playoff appearance knowing we share a division with the Dodgers and you aren't happy with that...well I don't know what to say.
More important than what Torey does is HOW he does it. Or doesn't do it.

Multiple position changes from game to game and within games.

Everybody is a rotating starter, even the .150 hitters.

Young players not given a chance to develop skills and confidence.

Mandatory benching of players, charted weeks in advance, no
matter how hot they are.

And a passive demeanor that motivates nobody, including the fans.

I just paid to renew my ASFN contribution, but it's going to be frustrating.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose