Nick Bosa vs Quinnen Williams. Your Pros/Cons of drafting 1?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Con. Neither @ #1

This draft inventory is overloaded with DL/Edge. #1 overall is reserved for QBs. This draft is perfect for a trade down if possible. Your guy from Houston will be available 10 - 15.

Why would we trade down and heighten the risk that we draft a bust?? The Cardinals earned that spot & need to draft from that spot. I really don’t care if we add a pick. Then we might end up with 2 bums instead of 1. Run to the podium & take your STUD!! That would be Bosa!!!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely not Williams at #1 and Bosa has to convince me the injury is something that will not be a continuing thing.

Just remember that should we trade down, the Niners will take Bosa. He will then be All Pro for a decade & sack our QB’s relentlessly because we dissed him. To date, we have for the most part been a laughingstock franchise in the NFL. Stop that trend by finally having the opportunity to take the BEST player in the land. I don’t want the 4th & 35th best players. We’ve earned the right to pick 1st, something none of us have had the opportunity to see before. That draft is OUR Super Bowl this year & we, the fans, deserve to see that be the best player available.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Con. Neither @ #1

This draft inventory is overloaded with DL/Edge. #1 overall is reserved for QBs. This draft is perfect for a trade down if possible. Your guy from Houston will be available 10 - 15.
I don’t think Oliver will actually be available there come draft day. I don’t think a GM will outsmart himself for long.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know mocks are n
I don’t think Oliver will actually be available there come draft day. I don’t think a GM will outsmart himself for long.
I know mocks aren't worth the bandwidth they use up, but most I have seen have him going 8-15.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
CONS:
Bosa,... family attitude, injury

Williams,... poor conditioning, lack of desire

PROS: Both damned good players if they work out

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CONS:
Bosa,... family attitude, injury

Williams,... poor conditioning, lack of desire

PROS: Both damned good players if they work out

Where the hell did these come from? What family attitude with
Bosa.

Williams poor conditioning and lack of desire wtf?

That's insane

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So have any of the coaches from high school, college or the NFL had any problems with Nick or Joey?

Any media report any problems?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Family attitude for Bosa.

Lack of desire for Q.

Huh?

With Bosa I assume it's the brother held out and the dad had some history of his own. Doesn't mean this Bosa will hold out but it was pretty clear Joey's holdout was a family decision they felt they knew the system. They wanted no offset in the contract which apparently meant if Bosa got waived after 4 years, he got to keep a bonus and then could get a signing bonus from a new team. the offset meant if he got waived he can't double dip, he lost his Chargers bonus if he signed with someone else. San Diego got the offset, but had to give him the biggest bonus in team history. And the mom publicly said if they had known what was going to happen they'd have pulled an Eli Manning and demanded a trade. I think that is where the perception Nick might be tough to sign came from

Don't know with Williams, he's a bit heavy but great player.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just remember that should we trade down, the Niners will take Bosa.

What a great point, PA! If Keim and co. are convinced that whatever team trades up will take a quarterback, then the Niners will have the choice of every player they want, be it Bosa or someone else (I have been following the draft long enough to know that whoever is the consensus #1 pick in January are not necessarily the same as the one who are picked first in April). That definitely has to factor into Keim’s decision on what to do.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is some smoke, but I ain't about to post what I learned from a local source I trust.
And...we're supposed to consider your anonymous source valid? A common journalistic problem: You feel your source is absolutely golden, but most if not all of us don't know him (or her) from Adam. I'll just have to wait for more info before passing judgment on the 2 dudes. I'll pin a small red flag next to their names and try to find out more before passing judgment.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a great point, PA! If Keim and co. are convinced that whatever team trades up will take a quarterback, then the Niners will have the choice of every player they want, be it Bosa or someone else (I have been following the draft long enough to know that whoever is the consensus #1 pick in January are not necessarily the same as the one who are picked first in April). That definitely has to factor into Keim’s decision on what to do.
As stated on another thread - If we worry too much about what the Niners do, we'll neglect doing what we need to do from the standpoint of our own priorities.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In depth physical exam and combine performance.

These are important, but still not a guarantee that he won't incur a similar injury. The fact remains that none of these studs at the top of this list will avoid injury. So do your homework & try to pick the best player. Easier said than done. It always has been & always will be a crapshoot.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
As stated on another thread - If we worry too much about what the Niners do, we'll neglect doing what we need to do from the standpoint of our own priorities.

A good strategy can strengthen you and weaken your opponent.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Easy solution.....I prefer Bosa.I can live with Cards picking Quinnen Williams.IMO those should be the only top options right now.KK/SK/VJ can decide which one they want and make the pick.Not worth trying to overthink it and get fancy.Just make the choice and go from there.Commit to Bosa/Q.Williams and get working from there.