NHL: Personalized goal songs would be smash hit with Golden Knights

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personalized goal songs would be smash hit with Golden Knights

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...uld-be-smash-hit-with-golden-knights-1554022/

The hockey community was buzzing last week thanks to a promotion by the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.

The top minor league affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes is allowing players to choose their own goal song for when they score at home.

“I think it’s unreal,” Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves said. “I’ve made that suggestion many times.”

It’s not the first time players have doubled as DJs. The Vancouver Canucks also had a similar policy as recently as last season.

The musical possibilities are endless, from Top 40 club beats to cheesy love songs to German industrial metal.

------------------------------------------------------

Should this type of promotion stay in the "minor leagues" or do you think it could take off and be a part of the NHL as a whole...or possibly just exist in certain cities (like Vegas)? :shrug:

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Personalized goal songs would be smash hit with Golden Knights

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...uld-be-smash-hit-with-golden-knights-1554022/

The hockey community was buzzing last week thanks to a promotion by the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League.

The top minor league affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes is allowing players to choose their own goal song for when they score at home.

“I think it’s unreal,” Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves said. “I’ve made that suggestion many times.”

It’s not the first time players have doubled as DJs. The Vancouver Canucks also had a similar policy as recently as last season.

The musical possibilities are endless, from Top 40 club beats to cheesy love songs to German industrial metal.

------------------------------------------------------

Should this type of promotion stay in the "minor leagues" or do you think it could take off and be a part of the NHL as a whole...or possibly just exist in certain cities (like Vegas)? :shrug:

Make it happen, Bill.

Except for Viva Las Vegas. That’s reserved for wins. :)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Werewolves of London man, myself.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Some teams should leave the iconic goal songs alone. St. Louis "When The Saints Go Marching In" comes to mind. But for a newer franchise like LVG, heck yeah. Maybe 10 home games a year.

First choice: AC/DC's "Sin City." :rockon:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reactions: LVG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson