NFL Sunday Ticket

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all my hating on Directv, I caved in and decided to just buy the freakin Sunday ticket. So I go to the website to sign up. I noticed that I had a couple of alerts. One of the alerts is that for being a loyal customer they're giving me the ticket for free.. I went on the chat and they verified its true!

Hahahaha, I'm a total maroon.

We knew this already :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all my hating on Directv, I caved in and decided to just buy the freakin Sunday ticket. So I go to the website to sign up. I noticed that I had a couple of alerts. One of the alerts is that for being a loyal customer they're giving me the ticket for free.. I went on the chat and they verified its true!

Hahahaha, I'm a total maroon.

I'm happy too they agreed to refund the extra 110 or whatever I paid when they told me I needed to upgrade from my original deal to MAX to make it work.

Goodyear Card

Registered
Reaction score

Zalixar

Free Agent
Reaction score
If you go to college (or know someone that does) they do have some student Sunday Ticket deals (that you don't need directv for). I think its like $130 for the year. I stream the app on my xbox and/or phone.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Sling TV Free Sunday Ticket for Fox Games Loophole...

I stumbled onto this a couple weeks ago in Sling.

I was looking at my DVR Scheduled Recordings and noticed the Cardinals/Rams game was scheduled to record at the live game time. I'm in Florida and that's out of market. I checked the Guide and it wasn't scheduled there, so I thought nothing of it. Checked the next day though and the game did record.

Checked a week later for Cardinals/49ers, same thing. Out of my area and not on the Guide, but showing as a scheduled recording in by DVR.

So I realized what happened. I had set the DVR to record all NFL games awhile back. Sling is recording every Fox game, whether in my market or not, whether my Guide offers it or not. (Sling only has Fox, but no CBS).

Fast forward to today and yes every Fox game is scheduled to record in my DVR settings.

So it looks like somebody at Sling programming botched this and nobody has figured it out yet. I'm curious if anybody else with Sling is getting the same results?

jf-08

Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was looking at my DVR Scheduled Recordings and noticed the Cardinals/Rams game was scheduled to record at the live game time. I'm in Florida and that's out of market. I checked the Guide and it wasn't scheduled there, so I thought nothing of it. Checked the next day though and the game did record.

Checked a week later for Cardinals/49ers, same thing. Out of my area and not on the Guide, but showing as a scheduled recording in by DVR.

So I realized what happened. I had set the DVR to record all NFL games awhile back. Sling is recording every Fox game, whether in my market or not, whether my Guide offers it or not. (Sling only has Fox, but no CBS).

Fast forward to today and yes every Fox game is scheduled to record in my DVR settings.

So it looks like somebody at Sling programming botched this and nobody has figured it out yet. I'm curious if anybody else with Sling is getting the same results?
I have Sling for the PAC12 Network for the ASU games. IT does the same thing - I want to only schedule ASU games, but it records ALL football games on that channel. It's annoying. I can't find a work around to only record ASU games while on PAC12 Network.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Can you watch the Cards game live? Or only after it has been recorded?
I have Sling but don't really DVR much. I prefer to watch live if possible.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can you watch the Cards game live? Or only after it has been recorded?
I have Sling but don't really DVR much. I prefer to watch live if possible.
I can't watch it live per se because it doesn't appear in my guide and if I go to my live Fox channel, it will just show my local Fox game.

However if you record all NFL games, all Fox games record live. So you only have to wait a few seconds for the recording to start before you watch. So in essence I did watch cards/49ers live last week, just a few seconds delayed.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Canada is DAZN.

I have an American friend who uses ExpressVPN to create a virtual Toronto address to sign up. It's about $175.00 US per year or about $20.00 a month.
NFL
Soccer
Boxing and a host of other sports from around the world.

They archive all NFL games.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MylerKurray