NFL opening night Dallas @ TB

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Hi jack !The thread Games over -I’m sitting in the mud smoking a cigar. I’m more of a low jack haha - yes the old 12 game season seen the best of Jim brown - my favorite player all time is Leroy Kelly - think it moved to a 14 game season his watch - ypu know rushing and punt return titles. Be nice to see. Player that could win both, been a minute. Michael Irving’s wise ass season prediction was that the all time season combined season receiving record would be broken! Many existing records will with an extra game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How many years does he need?

Josh Allen came into the NFL with 649 pass attempts in Mountain West with a 56% comp percentage and a 44/21 TD/INT ratio and was fire last year running a complicated NFL offense.

Kyler had 519 pass attempts, 67% comp and 50/14.

I'm sorry but I simply don't buy that 130 less pass attempts is some major difference. Kyler entered the league more prepared than Allen did.

If he can't run an NFL offense in year 3 he's in the wrong job.

FWIW I don't think this is Kyler. I think he'd be just fine.
Even if he doesn’t improve kyler has already proven he’s in the right job. It would just mean he likely never becomes elite.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes, first kid and I agree that it goes by very quick. I have a friend I used to coach with who doesn't have kids and he asked why I would drive 5 hours round trip to watch a 2 hour football game. I told him you only get so many and I am not willing to miss them if I can avoid it. Enjoy the senior year.
Yup. I mean, I recognized yesterday that I was more pumped to coach my 10-year olds reigning champion flag football team abd watch my 11-year olds flag game than I was for the start of the nfl. Nothing has ever been more exciting annually than the beginning of the nfl season.

brag alert - both boys had 5+ catches and 55+ yard touchdown receptions. And the younger one is developing into one heck of a middle linebacker.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is basically saying Kyler can only play with an elite O line and receivers and he'll always be restricted due to size.

If any of this is true theres no hope and it doesn't matter how many snaps he had in college.

Kyler has made 1100 NFL pass attempts. If he's not ready now I doubt he ever will be.
Ready for what, exactly? He’s already at least an average-to-above-average QB with his legs making up for deficiencies in passing game. And Trent dilfer has won a Super Bowl. So it’s not a stretch to imagine kyler could as well. So I ask again, “ready” for what?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he has the offense down pat but I don't think he has the experience necessary reading defenses. He's getting better but that is definitely something that needs more experience.
I agree that this is most likely

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he has the offense down pat but I don't think he has the experience necessary reading defenses. He's getting better but that is definitely something that needs more experience.
Toughest thing for a QB to learn

If and when he does the game will slow down for him and he should be at his best

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ready for what, exactly? He’s already at least an average-to-above-average QB with his legs making up for deficiencies in passing game. And Trent dilfer has won a Super Bowl. So it’s not a stretch to imagine kyler could as well. So I ask again, “ready” for what?

Ready to run a complicated NFL offense rather than this very basic "NFL for dummies" version that we run at the moment.

If you read up you will see Chopper say "I don't think he's ready to run an offense like Dallas or the Bucs".

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ready to run a complicated NFL offense rather than this very basic "NFL for dummies" version that we run at the moment.

If you read up you will see Chopper say "I don't think he's ready to run an offense like Dallas or the Bucs".
Got it.

I don’t agree with chopper. I don’t think it’s a “ready” thing. It might be more of a what’s best suited for his skill set. I mean, you could say Tom Brady isn’t ready for kliffs offense bc of the RPO and designed QB runs, but it’s really about suitability. I also think kyler just hasn’t gotten to the level of sophistication reading defenses that is expected of great QBs yet. I’ll be surprised if that doesn’t come eventually. And by “eventually” I mean this year or next.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, first kid and I agree that it goes by very quick. I have a friend I used to coach with who doesn't have kids and he asked why I would drive 5 hours round trip to watch a 2 hour football game. I told him you only get so many and I am not willing to miss them if I can avoid it. Enjoy the senior year.
Off to a great start beat our district "rival" for the first time in 14 tries (guess it can be called a rivalry now) last week and the 5A defending State Champs last night. Sorry for the hijack, just proud and exited for the boys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave