NFL league: year 2022-23

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, teams should be able to make trades until the 1st team in the league clinches the playoffs.

I think there it's reasonable to at least push it back to week 10 now its a 17 game season.

I understand the reasoning for it not going too late. If it was say, week 14, you could have teams "buying" the superbowl by stacking a team with contracts that are massively backloaded with void years etc to get over the line. But week 10 seems fair.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think there it's reasonable to at least push it back to week 10 now its a 17 game season.

I understand the reasoning for it not going too late. If it was say, week 14, you could have teams "buying" the superbowl by stacking a team with contracts that are massively backloaded with void years etc to get over the line. But week 10 seems fair.
Yeah. The NFL does not want to be Major League Baseball where teams are renting players for a year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. The NFL does not want to be Major League Baseball where teams are renting players for a year.
It's tough because you balance that but also teams collapsing due to injuries and falling short closer to the postseason.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's tough because you balance that but also teams collapsing due to injuries and falling short closer to the postseason.
They want that. The NFL doesn't love 13-4 teams. They want 25 teams to finish between 8-9 and 11-7. They want four or five divisions decided in Week 18.

The margin between a #2 right guard and a practice squad right guard isn't that big. We just handled Jerry Jeudy with the top four cornerbacks we started the season with unavailable.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Baseball does it, in a way. After the trade deadline has past, a team can expose a player to waivers (most of the time they have a high salary)...Usually the player goes unclaimed due to that high salary and after going unclaimed they can now be traded. Again, all of this happens after the trade deadline.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baseball does it, in a way. After the trade deadline has past, a team can expose a player to waivers (most of the time they have a high salary)...Usually the player goes unclaimed due to that high salary and after going unclaimed they can now be traded. Again, all of this happens after the trade deadline.

I don't follow baseball. I find it boring. Who can watch that many games?

But how does this work? Why would someone not take them on waivers for no trade comp but then trade for him?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Everyone here thought he was a JAG. I'm the only guy here (that I can recall, maybe Chopper too) who thought he was much better than we allowed him to be and people fought me over it.

There were long threads on how people didn't want to pay him more than $8m.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone here thought he was a JAG. I'm the only guy here (that I can recall, maybe Chopper too) who thought he was much better than we allowed him to be and people fought me over it.

There were long threads on how people didn't want to pay him more than $8m.
I was one of them, and TBH I still don't see him worth more than 10M a year. He is not a clutch player.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Kirk averaged 57 Yards Per Game in 2021...He's averaging 69 Yards Per Game this year. If anyone thinks that's top dollar wide receiver money, that's nuts.

For comparison, DeAndre Hopkins is averaging 89 Yards Per Game this year. I doubt Kirk will ever sniff that territory and make his contract even close to being worth it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kirk averaged 57 Yards Per Game in 2021...He's averaging 69 Yards Per Game this year. If anyone thinks that's top dollar wide receiver money, that's nuts.

For comparison, DeAndre Hopkins is averaging 89 Yards Per Game this year. I doubt Kirk will ever sniff that territory and make his contract even close to being worth it.
I agree; Kirk is not an all pro and likely hall of Famer.

Of course, no one is asserting that he is. So you’re arguing with no one.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way I thought he was worth 17m. Still don’t.

He's the 18th highest paid WR in the league and 10th in yards and joint 6th in TD's.

So you'd have to say he is.

I think people are looking at this like it's the 2017 salary cap.

Mike Williams is getting $20m a year. Brandin Cooks $19.8. Diontae Johnson $18.35. Kenny Golladay $18m. Robert Woods $16.25m.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the 18th highest paid WR in the league and 10th in yards and joint 6th in TD's.

So you'd have to say he is.

I think people are looking at this like it's the 2017 salary cap.

Mike Williams is getting $20m a year. Brandin Cooks $19.8. Diontae Johnson $18.35. Kenny Golladay $18m. Robert Woods $16.25m.
Which leads us back to the conversation that much of the problem is Kingsbury. Dortch goes off for a 100 yards and has 10 catches since. Why?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which leads us back to the conversation that much of the problem is Kingsbury. Dortch goes off for a 100 yards and has 10 catches since. Why?

Yup. Kingsbury has issues like this. I just don;t think he's why we suck. He may be a handcuff on how good we can be though.

The Dortch thing I think might be more simple. His finger might be a problem for playing more snaps. He's on to return because your catching with your belly and arms but he might not be right enough for catching with his hands.

It's the only explanation I have.

After reading the ESPN article today I wonder if playing Kirk wide was forced on him. It seems he has very little say in roster moves and he was never given a Y guy to play opposite Nuk until Green.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Kingsbury has issues like this. I just don;t think he's why we suck. He may be a handcuff on how good we can be though.

The Dortch thing I think might be more simple. His finger might be a problem for playing more snaps. He's on to return because your catching with your belly and arms but he might not be right enough for catching with his hands.

It's the only explanation I have.

After reading the ESPN article today I wonder if playing Kirk wide was forced on him. It seems he has very little say in roster moves and he was never given a Y guy to play opposite Nuk until Green.
Many of us thought this when Kirk was here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose