NFL Game Pass

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Southpaw, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Watching the game this morning. Sorta sucks when you know the result but I am tired of the Direct TV package. 7 day free trial with NFL G P. $106.00 for entire year if I keep it. Cheaper than going to a live single Dolphin game.

2. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

Yeah, Redzone is $36 through the NFL app, but I haven't decided to do that either. I'd have to buy it for my wife's phone too, $70. Cheap, but, it used to be $2 a month with Verizon but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Provocateur aka Wallyburger Contributor

Watching the condensed version of the games feels a bit weird , but it is like watching Red Zone expanded version. No commercials, time outs, etc. Less than 60 minutes to watch the entire replay.

4. ProdigalSun

ProdigalSun Registered

Living out of state sucks. I end up listening to the radio broadcast online and watching the replay on Gamepass afterwards

5. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

This is why I am willing to fight with DTV for free Sunday ticket Max every year. I can't do RedZone if I know we are playing. And gamepass just doesn't cut it for me. I need the drama.

Maybe sooner or later I will start going to a bar or something.

BigRedRage likes this.
  6. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

I got lucky yesterday because the Crowboy game finished early and they switched over to our game so I was able to watch the last 8 min or so live. I had made a pact with myself not to get overly wound up over the games because I wasn't going to be able to watch them this year but that went out the window on the first game... lol

blindseyed, b8rtm8nn and DemsMyBoys like this.
  7. mwanamatapa

mwanamatapa ASFN Contributor Contributor

Does anyone use Game Pass with Google Chromecast? I can't get mine to work.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

8. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I assume you have regular Directv too and that's how they give you max for free?

I have Xfinity again not Dtv so I only managed to get 25% off and only because they had such a hard time activating my Sunday Ticket to go package because my email is already in their system that they gave me the first of 4 months free as an apology.

First week worked pretty well, had some freezes here and there but nothing too bad, WAY better than a feed of reddit.

The only bad part I can't record games since it's via my Amazon fire stick.

9. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

Go to a bar

order a beer and chill

Direct TV sucks! If they ever lose the NFL package they'll lose 75% or more of their customers.

How can you watch a game when you already know the results.....man that's the worst.
    You know when the scoring is over and it's just back and forth....there's no drama in knowing the result. We've all done it and it's okay to watch but it's 10% as fun as live

10. Dr. Jones

Yep. Have been since 1999. that's why I think i get so many discounts. My acct # is 5 digits. They always try to give me regular ST but I fight for Max to get redzone.

Russ Smith likes this.
  11. Dr. Jones

In Central PA this poses two issues.

1. We never get sound.
    2. Ridicule for actually watching the Cards.

A distant 3rd is the 2nd screen experience I get with Redzone. I have it running on my laptop while I flip between other qames on the TV.

You are right though..... I'm gone the moment I can get a stable..... HIGH Def online version of ST or if Fios gets it. Gone in a FLASH

12. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Lots of talk Amazon Prime, Netflix, or both might get it next. Apparently NFL is strongly considering cancelling Directv to get more coverage, and more money.

13. SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd Evening Home View

I hadn't watched a complete game in a few years on Sunday morn/aftnoon with redzone. Cut the cord and now pay 20 dollars per month to Spectrum to stream 10 favorite channels of my choosing plus free local stations. Cheapest way I have found and still get my favorite 'cable' channels. But no Redzone option now.

So giving Gameplan a try. Like it after 1 week. Flipped between both Chargers and Cowgirls games in afternoon, while listening live to Cards game via Gameplan on my Amazon tablet. Then watched end of Cards game that evening via Gameplan.

I can live with that. Lots of opportunities to watch best parts of other games by skimming through the condensed versions. So far it feels right and promising.

14. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Give up on live streaming?

15. nidan

nidan Oscar Contributor

Avoid media for 3 hours watch on game pass