NFL free agents 2023: Ranking top 10 offensive linemen

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If Cards land Payton, I can't imagine them going hard in FA this year, rather they will work to re-sign and extend their own players. Just my opinion. If they end up with BFlo or another HC that doesn't break the bank, then maybe they do go hard in FA and spend some money.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Posic and Powers, they would go a long way to fixing the Oline

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
So bring back Beachum and sign Ben Powers. We need a left guard and a third tackle. Price will only get better at center. Draft a guard and or center in third or fourth round.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So bring back Beachum and sign Ben Powers. We need a left guard and a third tackle. Price will only get better at center. Draft a guard and or center in third or fourth round.
Price could only get better because he is about as bad as it gets. Trotting him out in week one would mean the season is already in the trash.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But could we afford to sign him and Powers. I’m looking at it as greatest need and being able to just sign one. Would love to get both though.
I think we might do a lot of finagling with our cap management in the future. It sure would be great wouldn’t it?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the Cards have decided to go with Jones at RT. I expected them to take an OT in round 3 with the compensation pick and let him start at guard, though there are some fine Guards in the draft. I’d love to see them sign Risner. He should be affordable and would hugely improve the line. They‘ll use their own round 3 pick on a center. I’d also think the Cards will make a reasonable effort to keep Murphy and sign a free agent CB.

Harry

Reaction score
Aint Harry...

But take a look at Steve Avila at TCU... dude is a beast
He’s very good. His run blocking is sound including second level blocks. He needs to work on footwork to improve his balance when pass blocking. This deficiency causes him to lunge and be brushed aside. He also needs to be more alert especially when facing stunts. He’ll need considerable coaching to learn blocking call outs. I’m not certain he can start from day one, but he will likely be a quality NFL starter when fully developed.

Last edited:

Harry

Reaction score
This is an excellent draft for Centers. Schmitz is likely to be top guy on most boards. A few people have Van Pran on top. Two guys who are lower on most boards but I like are Tipperman from Wisconsin and Patterson from Norte Dame. I think Tipperman starts immediately and has a significant upside. Patterson will have to improve his pass blocking before it’s safe to start him, but he’ll have a long career. The Cards should be able to grab a good one with one of their third round picks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We need 4 new starting offensive lineman next season (left tackle being the exception). :help:
Since Jones has come on and is the heir apparent at LT, i would start him at LG... he and Hump together should make the left side solid.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals will likely go cheap on the OL this year, and probably should.

1) Resign Will Hernandez. He was good last year and has some familiarity with the team.

2) Draft a C/G with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The team needs to start adding more premium picks to lines of both sides of the ball.

3) Sign two budget OL with starting experience. Have the budget OL vets compete with Hayes/Smith and draft pick.

Harry

Reaction score
The Cardinals will likely go cheap on the OL this year, and probably should.

1) Resign Will Hernandez. He was good last year and has some familiarity with the team.

2) Draft a C/G with a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The team needs to start adding more premium picks to lines of both sides of the ball.

3) Sign two budget OL with starting experience. Have the budget OL vets compete with Hayes/Smith and draft pick.
I thought Hernandez was decent but not special. With it now appearing the Cards’ strategy is to hold Murray out for some games, I’d re-sign him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose