Newton Out

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A bit OT - I was on Panthers board trying to get sense of this years team & hardly any negative takes on K2 & KM from what I browsed.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As I've said before...

Kyler Murray derailed Kyle Allen's career. People thought he was a future first round pick.

Sumlin kept playing musicial chairs because of him.

Then Kyle Allen wanted to go to OU, but Kyler Murray beat him to the punch.

Allen went to a Houston offense that was a terrible fit.

He's going to be motivated so Kyler is going to have to put up points.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler should be motivated too though..

Carolina thought Will Grier was better than him.
Kyler wants his first win bad, and is at home too. I feel the fire from him in that he wants to win.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Feel bad for season ticket holders....you buy the tickets to see the star players and Cam is one you'd want to see.
If you don't buy tickets you don't understand

Good news is the Cards should win
Bad news is if they lose it'll be time to jump ship and wait for next years boat...and it'll only be 3 games into the season

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Not really.

We're 2-3 against Carolina since he's been there. One of our losses was a close one with Lindley at QB and a mediocre game by Cam, one was a good game by Cam (NFC Championship Game), and in the last loss it was Carolina's running game that beat us rather than Cam.

He also lit us up for like 400 yards in a loss in his first NFL game, and was throwing into our endzone as time expired, IIRC, but you make a fair point.

I just like saying "Cam the Cardinal Killer".

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Feel bad for season ticket holders....you buy the tickets to see the star players and Cam is one you'd want to see.

Bad news is if they lose it'll be time to jump ship and wait for next years boat...and it'll only be 3 games into the season

I don't have a lot of faith in Texas A&M QBs. I think if we can knock the Allen kid around some early, maybe pick him off once, we can shake him up, and make them one dimensional.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of faith in Texas A&M QBs. I think if we can knock the Allen kid around some early, maybe pick him off once, we can shake him up, and make them one dimensional.

I do not have a lot faith in Texas A&M running backs, too bad they do not have one... sincerely Leeland McElroy :cards:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The problem is Norv.

Carolina has had a lot of people open but Cam has missed them (shoulder/ankle). Norv knows how to scheme guys open very well.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

As a season ticket holder seeing Cam or any other "star" has absolutely no impact on why I buy tickets. I'd prefer he, and the other stars, not play against the Cards. Much rather see the Cards win then any other teams star.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He also lit us up for like 400 yards in a loss in his first NFL game, and was throwing into our endzone as time expired, IIRC, but you make a fair point.

I just like saying "Cam the Cardinal Killer".

Agreed, but that Cam no longer exists. I also seem to remember the home game in BA's first season, when DWeed & Company really punished Cam. Our offense was still sputtering at that point, but our D embarrassed Cam all day. That was the game when we turned our season around. It was a shame we didn't make the playoffs that year at 10-6. We got screwed at Philly late in the season & that game kept us out. We were healthy & no one wanted to play us. Bowles had that D humming too!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Agreed, but that Cam no longer exists. I also seem to remember the home game in BA's first season, when DWeed & Company really punished Cam. Our offense was still sputtering at that point, but our D embarrassed Cam all day. That was the game when we turned our season around. It was a shame we didn't make the playoffs that year at 10-6. We got screwed at Philly late in the season & that game kept us out. We were healthy & no one wanted to play us. Bowles had that D humming too!

So jealous of BA getting Bowles back on his staff at Tampa. But, at least Joseph seems to be hanging in there so far.

We sure did win a bunch of football games with Peterson, Campbell, DWash, Palmer and Arinas, didn't we?

We're on our way back though PA.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No way we lose cmon people...kyle allen? And carolina secondary sux butt. I understand the negative line of thinking but try using a realistic pov. Cards 34-10

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I got to see Cam play in the NCAA natty championship in Glendale 2012. seen enough of Cam, give us kyle allen all nervous in front of his hometown. I think he'll be shaking so bad he can barely throw it

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to see Cam play in the NCAA natty championship in Glendale 2012. seen enough of Cam, give us kyle allen all nervous in front of his hometown. I think he'll be shaking so bad he can barely throw it

He has done well in his limited time leading them to a win with 2 TDs passing and a Rushing TD.

I don't believe anyone should be taking him lightly

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the TB game is any indicator, R Rivera would pound the rock to shorten the game, protect his QB and stonewall our running attack. I don't like the matchup between McCaffery, Olsen & our safeties + Reddick and the other matchup between our run blockers and Carolina's ground defense.

How K Murray's unique stye of play a KK's offense fits it this equation i have no idea

I suspect though that Rivera will try to turn this into an "old-time football" slugfest

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's just hope mccaffery doesn't light cards up or kuechly balls

Like cards odd but i bet it will be a close gm

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kawann Short has missed practice this week. That would be huge plus if he sits out.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Kawann Short has missed practice this week. That would be huge plus if he sits out.
Agreed.

That would be good news for Pugh and Shipley.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose