News and stuff for week 3, 2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Aguano getting started.

Sun Devils offer 2024 Chandler High School running back.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU has over 50 local recruits at practice today.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU has over 50 local recruits at practice today.

This is all great but when, likely, none of these coaches will be here next year and many of the bigger name players will be moving on (many via transfer portal), it’s hard to get overly excited about this.

I don’t see Aguano getting the HC job.

Edit to add: we as fans should expect better than Aguano…and I like what he is about so far

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all great but when, likely, none of these coaches will be here next year and many of the bigger name players will be moving on (many via transfer portal), it’s hard to get overly excited about this.

I don’t see Aguano getting the HC job.

Edit to add: we as fans should expect better than Aguano…and I like what he is about so far

I like the idea of recruiting local kids, whether Shaun Aguano is the next head coach or not. It's about time.

Also, it would be nice to have a head coach not looking to use ASU as a stepping stone for another job, whether that is Aguano or someone else.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the idea of recruiting local kids, whether Shaun Aguano is the next head coach or not. It's about time.

Also, it would be nice to have a head coach not looking to use ASU as a stepping stone for another job, whether that is Aguano or someone else.
Agreed.

I do think we need to acknowledge that ASU, within the current college football structure, really is just a stepping stone job. Doesn’t mean that cannot change but I think it is the reality.

I am really down on where this program is currently and I am not sure the bottom has completely fallen out just yet.

This next hire is critical

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I do think we need to acknowledge that ASU, within the current college football structure, really is just a stepping stone job. Doesn’t mean that cannot change but I think it is the reality.

I am really down on where this program is currently and I am not sure the bottom has completely fallen out just yet.

This next hire is critical

We agree the next hire is crucial. Hiring someone with local ties is not the worst idea, providing they are qualified for the job.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We agree the next hire is crucial. Hiring someone with local ties is not the worst idea, providing they are qualified for the job.
Definitely not a bad idea but won’t matter if that local guy cannot close in recruiting. At least they are reaching out which seems to have been an issue for years…even before Herm.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose