New Uniforms

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Since this team hasn't signed anyone yet, I thought I'd put up some new uniform designs I have been working on last year (hey, atleast the team would look good). They make the whole helmet embody the Cardinal logo and go back to the black and red stripes of the early sixties on the pants. I have the original Cardinal logo on the state flag on the jersey sleeve and included a black arch on the shoulder to make the transition to the arch mask of the logo on the helmet. I was thinking if anyone likes it, I would be willing to make a group proposal with this as our design if the team is ever changing their uniforms. I hope the pics I included showd up on this thread.

Attachments

• card 2other.jpg
    card 2other.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 522

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I like it!

I like it! :thumbup:

Maybe the helmet face cover bars (bars that protect the face) should be another color, like black. Yellow looks to much like the Redskins (I think)

It would also be cool to have every player to have a dark visor helmet. Unfortunately you need a prescription (someone mentioned it)

:thumbup:

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Facemask

At first I had the bars in gold but felt the yellow would be in keeping with the original logo of the bird's bill and would tie in the yellow with the Arizona state flag on the sleeve. Thanks for the suggestions. I have shown these to about twenty football fans of various teams and they loved it but it is the Cardinal fans I want to hear from.

M

mdsisquo

HELL YES! That is awesome! I really, really love that uni! The yellow face guard is great! I really love your idea! How do we pitch it to the cards front office?

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the red helmet. I like the helmet how it is. I do like the white on white with the red socks. I would ditch the Arizona Flag and get the bird back on the sleeve.

Good ideas Jetstream!

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
AZ643DP, I'm a old fan and I like the uniforms (minus the red pants)) as is but if they want to make a change then I thought this might not be a bad route to go. I don't want to claim sole credit for the design because I'm a fan of the team (and therefore its fan base) and would like to submit the idea with the names of anyone else on the board who likes it. Maybe, someone who runs the board could find a way to allow all those who support it to put there names in the offer so we all get EQUAL credit for it and it would help if someone could tell me who to send it to... help Jim?

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
e-mail address

Here is one of my e-mail address if you want to send me your name for credit for the design:

[email protected]

Please, someone tell me who would be the best person to send this to.
Thanks guys, this team needs some excitement and I realize a new unifrom doesn't mean wins but it is a symbolic gesture of a team changing its over all image.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Man...I hate to be this way, but as I previously told you, someone else already came up with a similar design. This has been on my site for a couple of months now:

You must be registered for see images

Nice job, but I think this guy beat ya to it.

As most of you know, I've got a boat-load of Cardinal ideas on my site:

AZ Cardinal Ideas

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Re: e-mail address

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
Please, someone tell me who would be the best person to send this to.

If I remember correctly, the NFL does not accept unsolicited designs. Remember the security guard who sued the Ravens and NFL Properties because he said that he designed the Ravens initial logo? He won his suit and the NFL was pissed.

I'm afraid your hard work will go to waste due to the NFL's policy. Sorry Jetstream.

Here is a story on it:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/1999/02/22/ravens_logo/

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
To be picky

But, the arch above the eye strays from the orignal cardinal mask. It might sound picky, but my design is in keeping with the original logo because back when I heard the possibilty of new uniforms the organization said they would like to keep the logo as is. I also had a copyright put on the design when I did it, as far as the alterations to the original cardinal design. I could care less if I have to share the idea, and it is just a suggestion to the Cardinals who did say they would welcome such if the unifrom was ever changed. I'm a professional artist so I'm not exactly ignorant of copyright laws. I'm sending it still and still welcome anyone including the guy who did the red helemt design. By the way, posting on the internet does not warrant who had the idea first.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to imply that the other guy had copyright over you, but just that over on the Sports Logos boards, we've analyzed that one to death. I've got quite a few designs up there, but really, it doesn't matter how good these are, the Cardinals will more than likely NEVER look at them. az643dp is right - the Ravens lawsuit scared the league off of ever looking at unsolicited designs. The only possibility is to have someone at NFL Properties take them and present them to the Cardinals. A longshot perhaps, but I guess weirder things have happened.

No offense, but this is still my favorite submission I've received so far:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The helmet is awesome.