New Uniforms on the way...

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
My point and my opinion was that the look of the uni isn't very important to me. Brings me back to my youth. And well before Dunkin Donuts, we had a chain of donut shops called Mayflower Donuts. And they had a sign on their wall which read:
"As you travel on through life brother, no matter what your goal
Keep your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole."
Like that - obstacles are those things you see when don’t have your eye on the goal. It I propose clarity has a core purpose, as an old soldier, modern warfare challenge from Korea to Mid east has been identifying the enemy among the non combatants. People hated the US Japanese concentration camps, but that is the last war we won.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The Chiefs haven’t changed their jerseys or helmets in a substantial way since the team was formed and they consistently rank high in polling of the best uniforms in the league. Go back to simplicity. The uniforms we had in the early 2000’s were perfect in my humble opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yes cards logo had the touch of gold on the beak - be cool to see a patch with the Arizona flag with card logo replacing the star. But our Arizona star is a gold star- not like that stupid Dallas team.

13 original colonies seems weird, as my grandma was older then Arizona, born in lakeside in 1908, statehood Valentine’s Day 1912.

Yes many Spanish were here - never became a separate from European race until after I joined the army in 1981 - meaning was not a race option on my enlistment paperwork then. But I like me some Coronado - mysteries still surround his expedition. Like where they actually got covered in snow and died at! And why the large cross of gold was sent back to him. when they never found large gold.

the North American native plateu revolt agains t the Spanish has cibeque and Seneca mentioned, but that was way before territory or statehood. But interesting if any young Ins want to dive in. I know some secrets but am getting old, unable to go where I once went.

The state flag consists of alternating red and yellow rays that represent the 13 original colonies and the western setting sun. The red and yellow are based on the colors of the Spanish flag that Coronado carried into the region. The bottom half of the flag is the same color blue found in the U. S. flag.

You must be registered for see images attach
The AZ star is copper due to it being one of the original primary resources of AZ.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like that - obstacles are those things you see when don’t have your eye on the goal. It I propose clarity has a core purpose, as an old soldier, modern warfare challenge from Korea to Mid east has been identifying the enemy among the non combatants. People hated the US Japanese concentration camps, but that is the last war we won.
I know that the Japanese Interment camps, in hindsight, are a blight on America. But, in watching some old WWII timeframe movies, I thought they were a good idea. For instance:
A day or two before Pearl Harbor, just about all Japanese families were considered great neighbors and friends. But after PH, American kids weren't allowed near their former friends. Japanese businesses were trashed and all Japanese people were considered spies and the enemies, no matter how long they lived in America. I lived on the east coast, so I only knew this from the movies, so I really don't know if it's true. I did live in an area that would probably be described as half Irish, half Italian. And although we were at war with Italy, I didn't sense any ill will with my Italian neighbors, but I was just a kid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that the Japanese Interment camps, in hindsight, are a blight on America. But, in watching some old WWII timeframe movies, I thought they were a good idea. For instance:
A day or two before Pearl Harbor, just about all Japanese families were considered great neighbors and friends. But after PH, American kids weren't allowed near their former friends. Japanese businesses were trashed and all Japanese people were considered spies and the enemies, no matter how long they lived in America. I lived on the east coast, so I only knew this from the movies, so I really don't know if it's true. I did live in an area that would probably be described as half Irish, half Italian. And although we were at war with Italy, I didn't sense any ill will with my Italian neighbors, but I was just a kid.
Confused by the above… After watching some WW2 movies you now think they were a good idea? Or you used to watch WW2 movies and back then thought concentration camps were a good idea?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A day or two before Pearl Harbor, just about all Japanese families were considered great neighbors and friends. But after PH, American kids weren't allowed near their former friends. Japanese businesses were trashed and all Japanese people were considered spies and the enemies, no matter how long they lived in America.
Can't quite put my finger on why the Japanese were treated differently than the Germans/Italians...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, this thread certainly took a turn.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Confused by the above… After watching some WW2 movies you now think they were a good idea? Or you used to watch WW2 movies and back then thought concentration camps were a good idea?
Yeah, let's take this to PM please.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave