New Show Most Excited About (Fall 2015)?

Most Anticipated Show?

• Angel From Hell (CBS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (CW)

• Scream Queens (FOX)

• Code Black (CBS)

• Coach (NBC)

• Rosewood (Fox)

• Rush Hour (CBS)

• Telenovela (NBC)

• Uncle Buck (ABC)

• Wicked City (ABC)

• The Family (ABC)

• Containment (CW)

• Dr. Ken (ABC)

• Crowded (NBC)

• The Frankenstein Code (FOX)

• Shades of Blue (NBC)

• Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris (NBC)

• Benders (IFC)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious which shows everybody is most excited about for Fall 2015. I am talking about shows that are brand new. Although I did make an exception for the Daily show and the Late Show because of new hosts.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Bastard Executioner is the only one for me.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in Limitless and Minority report for sure. However, I am most excited for Blindspot I think.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think this will be the first year that I don't watch a single network television scripted show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There's a few on my list. Bastard Executioner, Quantico, Blindspot, and Heroes Reborn look interesting.

The Muppets actually looks hilarious--like Modern Family with puppets.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is one of my most anticipated and the Grinder looks funny -- I'm willing to see if Rob Lowe can carry his own comedy since I thought he was so good in Parks and Rec.

For streaming, I saw the pilot of The Man in the High Castle, and it is definitely an intriguing premise, so I'll check it out.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a few on my list. Bastard Executioner, Quantico, Blindspot, and Heroes Reborn look interesting.

The Muppets actually looks hilarious--like Modern Family with puppets.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is one of my most anticipated and the Grinder looks funny -- I'm willing to see if Rob Lowe can carry his own comedy since I thought he was so good in Parks and Rec.

For streaming, I saw the pilot of The Man in the High Castle, and it is definitely an intriguing premise, so I'll check it out.

Rob Low will appear in two pilots. I don't know much about it but I guess he is guest starring for 3 episodes in "You, me and the end of the world" for NBC and Sky 1.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far Ash and Bastard Executioner seem to be running away with it. Kind of surprised on the Bastard Executioner.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Most of the network shows will just get cancelled.

I vote for Evil Dead and Bastard Executioner.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
That's a pretty easy answer - The Man in the High Castle.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I am interested in Limitless and Minority report for sure. However, I am most excited for Blindspot I think.

Limitless looked pretty interesting until the final third of the trailer, where it's revealed to be ANOTHER episodic cop / crime drama. Really CBS? You couldn't come up with anything more interesting?

I guess their target market will eat it up, so it makes sense. But they could have done so much more with the concept.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There really isn't anything new that I'm super excited about. I'll give Minority Report a shot because I was such a big fan of the movie. I've got most everything set up to record although most the time with these network shows I wait to see what survives. I'm interested in Into the Badlands.

Joe

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I had Amazon but I don't. Might have to watch those a different way. ;)

Evil Ash is a runaway but I am interested in Minority Report, Limitless and few of the other genre type shows. Bastard Executioner pilot was pretty good but not great.

I know most of these won't make it but my DVR is going to get a workout in the short term.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
New TV shows

I've seen 4 so far. Enjoyed Life In Pieces and Blindspot. Jury is out on Minority Report. And I don't think I could watch the Muppets again unless the grandkids were here.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to Heros Reborn. It ended so confusing, so hopefully it will be a little clearer during this series

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So saw a few of the new and returning shows over the past few days:

Castle: A more serious episode and once again a "What's Kate Doing"? episode where she leaves Castle in the dark. Which then, of course, leads to him investigating and getting into all sorts of trouble. Stana Katic was barely in the episode, but it's rumored it was because she was shooting a movie at the same time the show was shot. Still watching, but the formula is a bit stale.

Longmire: Great 4th season on Netflix, ending on the assumption there will be a season 5. Just a strong show all around. The only real difference with Netflix vs. A&E was in the episode length--there wasn't anymore gore or language than what was on A&E.

The Muppets: Actually had some funny lines with Elizabeth Banks and the Fozzie dating a human wasn't as cringeworthy as I thought it would be.

Blindspot: Just ok, took itself WAY too seriously. Wants to be The Blacklist and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a crossover. A naked tattoo-covered Jaime Alexander is nice to look at, but the FBI agent previously on Strike Back was too stoic--only remember him cracking a smile once. Having one show already with a stoic uninteresting male lead (The Last Ship) is enough.

Minority Report: Soon to be cancelled IMO. I actually almost fell asleep halfway through the episode, and that never happens when I watch a pilot. I'll give it another ep or two, but frankly, that may be all that's left with this show.

Still need to see Bastard Executioner, Scorpion and Modern Family premieres tonight, so a lot of TV still to go.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So saw a few of the new and returning shows over the past few days:

Castle: A more serious episode and once again a "What's Kate Doing"? episode where she leaves Castle in the dark. Which then, of course, leads to him investigating and getting into all sorts of trouble. Stana Katic was barely in the episode, but it's rumored it was because she was shooting a movie at the same time the show was shot. Still watching, but the formula is a bit stale.

Actually I felt the opposite here. Most of the episodes are simply standalone procedural type things. Last season and this season they seem to be focusing more on story arcs. I actually find it refreshing.

Blindspot: Just ok, took itself WAY too seriously. Wants to be The Blacklist and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a crossover. A naked tattoo-covered Jaime Alexander is nice to look at, but the FBI agent previously on Strike Back was too stoic--only remember him cracking a smile once. Having one show already with a stoic uninteresting male lead (The Last Ship) is enough.

I kind of felt the same. Maybe I was hoping for much more from the show. I still love the concept and will keep watching for a bit to see where it goes. I love love love the Blacklist. What a cool crossover that would be.

I have not watched Limitless, Minority Report or Muppets yet. Not enough time. Will check them out. Shame to hear that about Minority Report. Hopefully, it gets better. Maybe they should have just kept Almost Human.

Watched Bastard Executioner pilot. It was OK. Not watched episode 2 as of yet. Another one I will stick around for a bit and see where it goes.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I love sci fi so I'm still holding out hope for Minority Report. Watched the first five minutes of Scream Queens last night without knowing anything about it. Gag me with a spoon! It was so awful.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love sci fi so I'm still holding out hope for Minority Report. Watched the first five minutes of Scream Queens last night without knowing anything about it. Gag me with a spoon! It was so awful.

I sat through it with the wife (Scream Queens). She wanted to see it. I think the "hokey" overacting is on purpose. I think they are trying to capture the feel of late 80's and early 90's horror films and sprinkle in comedy.

I think the tone is very purposeful. The question is, will the audience like it?

I will probably watch Minority Report and Limitless tonight.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked Limitless

I did as well. Thought it was pretty good. It was cool seeing Bradly Cooper reprise his role for the TV show if only for a cameo. It added great continuity.

I didn't like it as much but I finally watched Minority Report and thought it was good. However, that show looks really expensive and it's on FOX. That probably doomed it out of the gate. It would have been cool to see Tom reprise his role in that show too.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave