New sack record this year?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
What is so bold about this? Really, his sack record last year was getting close and this year one would think he has more help. Then let's say he does not get the record, what is so bold about failing on this objective because if he does nobody is going to post "Chandler Jones causes hysteria by not making good on his objective"
This is what is so unreal about Chandler Jones, he's a total stud and one of the best pass rushers of his era or rather he might be the best, but he still gets no respect or you would have never considered that title for his goals

Last edited:
OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is so bold about this? Really, his sack record last year was getting close and this year one would think he has more help. Then let's say he does not get the record, what is so bold about failing on this objective because if he does nobody is going to post "Chandler Jones causes hysteria by not making good on his objective"
This is what is so unreal about Chandler Jones, he's a total stud and one of the best pass rushers of his era or rather he might be the best, but he still gets no respect or you would have never considered that title for his goals

Good point. I love his confidence. Hope he pulls it off.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This would be the year to do it since basically the 1st 3 games will be full preseason like games and he should be able to get to the QB

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
If only Brett Favre was still in the league to take a flop at the end of a game to give Chandler Jones the record.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think he can do it. He needs to get off to a fast start...like 6 or more in the first 3 weeks....and we need someone to become a legit threat on the other side. Kennard, Simmons, someone needs to be getting consistant pressures and hits on the other side so Jones gets to work one on one more often.

I hate to say it, I feel like Jones might get Tony Gywned/Matt Williamsed.....meaning he is on pace to break the record and then games are missed. Hope Im wrong, but Jones is going to kill it this season no matter what.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Better pass rush would stall enemy passers and win more games. But it's the wins/not the gaudy sack numbers that count most.

Sacks are fun to watch and should contribute to more W's, but if we don't win more contests, it don't mean diddly.

Reaction score
I think he can do it. He needs to get off to a fast start...like 6 or more in the first 3 weeks....and we need someone to become a legit threat on the other side. Kennard, Simmons, someone needs to be getting consistant pressures and hits on the other side so Jones gets to work one on one more often.

I hate to say it, I feel like Jones might get Tony Gywned/Matt Williamsed.....meaning he is on pace to break the record and then games are missed. Hope Im wrong, but Jones is going to kill it this season no matter what.

Wtf :stick::stick::stick:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
If only Brett Favre was still in the league to take a flop at the end of a game to give Chandler Jones the record.

hahaha... yes. True history.

I think Chandler was making more of a statement regarding his supporting cast than anything else. And with that cast, and his play over the past few seasons (he is refined and at his pinnacle), it stands to reason he has a legitimate shot at breaking the record.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is really that bold of a statement when you consider that the league is exponentially more pass happy than it was when Strahan set the record AND defensive lines are much more athletic than they were when he set the record. There are more real opportunities to get to the QB as the league is currently.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is really that bold of a statement when you consider that the league is exponentially more pass happy than it was when Strahan set the record AND defensive lines are much more athletic than they were when he set the record. There are more real opportunities to get to the QB as the league is currently.

Well that can be said about any record. It is also why it's hard to compare players or stats over different era's.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson