New Rotation

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How does that help the Suns? "We're not the worst. We're not the worst."?

Suns fans deserve better!
I don't think anyone thought Saric was a long term answer, but I do think it's an upgrade over what we had last year.
I certainly don't want to panic and try for an 8 seed and make a trade for Griffin or Love.
We are going to miss the playoffs, I'm fairly sure of it. My draft hopes are Vernon Carey Jr or Obi Toppin. Hopefully the ping pong balls will cooperate.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how small Harper was. I dont think at this point, since there seems to be no sight of the playoffs and a trade happening, it would hurt to give Lecque some more playing time.

Diallo will go on a good little run then get pulled.

I would be fine playing Carter and and Lecque. It's important for the Suns to find out what they have in Carter because he is a free agent after the season.

I sort of like the twin tower look with Ayton and Diallo. Maybe Monty is trying spread the minutes because of the injuries.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be fine playing Carter and and Lecque. It's important for the Suns to find out what they have in Carter because he is a free agent after the season.

I sort of like the twin tower look with Ayton and Diallo. Maybe Monty is trying spread the minutes because of the injuries.

Carter is a restricted free agent with a very small cap hold. His qualifying offer is just about 1.5 times the league minimum, maybe even less than that, so I'll be disappointed if they're not considering keeping him around. He has a future in the league as a journeyman backup if nothing else but I think letting him know he'll return next year so Monty's staff can work with him a little longer to help him develop an offensive game would be ideal.

He's too good of a defender to let him walk. Unlike with Shaq Harrison or other players we've brought in for short periods of time, Javon's defensive impact is clear to see. He's a pitbull who doesn't let up and you can see how he frustrates opposing guards.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carter is a restricted free agent with a very small cap hold. His qualifying offer is just about 1.5 times the league minimum, maybe even less than that, so I'll be disappointed if they're not considering keeping him around. He has a future in the league as a journeyman backup if nothing else but I think letting him know he'll return next year so Monty's staff can work with him a little longer to help him develop an offensive game would be ideal.

He's too good of a defender to let him walk. Unlike with Shaq Harrison or other players we've brought in for short periods of time, Javon's defensive impact is clear to see. He's a pitbull who doesn't let up and you can see how he frustrates opposing guards.

Agree. Carter is a player the Suns want to keep. He is starting to show signs of being aggressive on offense again. His defense is always there.

Glad to know Carter is a RFA. HoopsHype never shows that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. Carter is a player the Suns want to keep. He is starting to show signs of being aggressive on offense again. His defense is always there.

Glad to know Carter is a RFA. HoopsHype never shows that.

He's not a typical RFA, which is why they probably don't show it. He's an early bird restricted free agent because he was a 2nd round pick. The rules are a little different for matching if a team is over the cap, I believe they can only match offers up to the Mid-Level Exception. It's rare that players like that get big offers since they're 2nd round picks who hit free agency earlier than 1st round selections.

OP
OP
S

sinsay

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Suns can get Carter and Diallio under contract long term.

If Carter continues to shoot at this clip he may become a starting-caliber PG.

I think he is already top 10 or so on defense at the position.

Diallo has a nice feel for the game he can be the backup PF and play some C as well.

With those two Jalen, Jerome and Cam suns bench going forward looks decent.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean you guys are not pining to have Melton back now?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
No, no, Carter and Jerome are super stars. Melton who?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone thought Saric was a long term answer, but I do think it's an upgrade over what we had last year.
I certainly don't want to panic and try for an 8 seed and make a trade for Griffin or Love.
We are going to miss the playoffs, I'm fairly sure of it. My draft hopes are Vernon Carey Jr or Obi Toppin. Hopefully the ping pong balls will cooperate.
Saric was an experiment. He had the basic skills to be a good match alongside Ayton, just like Bender's "potential" looked like that kind of match too. The difference between being "the guy" and not can be small. Putting a true team together depends on getting just the right mix of players and coaching.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I saw this cartoon today and couldn't help but caption it . . .

You must be registered for see images attach

Sarver's annual 10-year plan for post-season
at the Talking Stick Resort Arena.

'Sad, but true. You can look it up! :(