New Queensryche

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who care...

Queensryche's new album Tribe is released today. Also, they will be in concert in Tucson on Sept. 16 and in Phoenix on Sept. 18.

Shawn

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Have you heard any of the new songs?

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Have you heard any of the new songs?

Yes - about 3 or 4 weeks ago they posted 1 minute snippets of the songs in downloadable MP3 format on their website.

The snips are okay - I always find it difficult to get an accurate "read" on just a part of the song.

Shawn

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hey Fisher, Did you get a chance to hear the album yet? Just curious because I haven't heard any of them on the radio.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Fisher, Did you get a chance to hear the album yet? Just curious because I haven't heard any of them on the radio.

Yeah, I bought it the day it came out - terrible is the only word to describe - and I think that's being nice.

It's by far their worst album - I'm hoping they'll retire. I'm very, very disappointed in it. Total garbage and a total waste of money.

I'd rather listen to my Right Said Fred CD than this one. I'm so ashamed.

Shawn

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
Yeah, I bought it the day it came out - terrible is the only word to describe - and I think that's being nice.

It's by far their worst album - I'm hoping they'll retire. I'm very, very disappointed in it. Total garbage and a total waste of money.

Shawn

Yikes! Thanks for saving the time and money. I was hoping for them to stay in the same mode as before. Guess not.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by marshall
Hmmmmmmm I have never heard of these guys. I will download some later and get back to you on it

You definately are under 30 years old then. Check out Empire and Operation Mind Crime. The best albums IMO from Queensryche. For songs check out:

Jet City Woman
Empire

Good places to start. Too bad the new stuff sounds like a failure.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You definately are under 30 years old then. Check out Empire and Operation Mind Crime. The best albums IMO from Queensryche. For songs check out:

Jet City Woman
Empire

Good places to start. Too bad the new stuff sounds like a failure.

I would even go back as far as Rage For Order and, IMO Promised Land is tied for #1 on my list with Operation: Mindcrime, as far as favorite Queensryche albums.

Definitely check out Rage, Operation, Promised Land and Empire. Empire was their "radio friendly" album and so it doesn't paint an accurate picture of their other albums.

Shawn

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing

Shawn

Having said all this, I'm still planning on attending their concert because they put on one of the best live shows that I've ever seen.

Shawn

tommcnabb

The Punisher
Reaction score
Well I haven't bought it but

For anybody that cares, the last good one was empire. I've been a ryche fan since the first ep. Go get that one. I even think I may still have it on cassette.

Spreading the disease is good
suite sister mary.

old ryche kicks ass

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I have been a fan of the Ryche since the first EP. I think "Warning", "Rage for Order", "Mindcrime", and "Empire" are all classic and phenomenal pieces of work. They started to lose me with "Promised Land" but I liked "Hear in the Now Frontier". "Q2K" was another I did not like and I have trepidation regarding "Tribe". I hope is it good but after reading these reports I am a little bummed.

BTW: QR put on one of the best shows I have ever seen at the Celebrity Theatre on the "Rage" tour. Absolutely amazing. I then saw them on the "Empire" tour and it was another amazing show but just a hair below the "Rage" show. Great, great band in concert. Check 'em out.

BTW: When are they coming back to Phoenix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA