New name for the cleveland baseball team

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleveland Guardians, that will take some getting used too.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm not from Cleveland so it may not resonate the same way, but I'm definitely not in love with the choice

The logo with the G over the ball is odd

The wordmark Guardians looks like they wanted to keep as much of the Indians styling as possible - really bending the 'r' - like the replaced the I for be Gua

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Name change, sure. Name chosen, oof.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Tom Hanks narrating was an odd choice as he kept using the inclusive pronouns "we", "us", and "our". I thought that he was from Cleveland until I looked it up. He's from CA. Drew Carey or even Lebron James would've made better choices IMO.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Tom Hanks narrating was an odd choice as he kept using the inclusive pronouns "we", "us", and "our". I thought that he was from Cleveland until I looked it up. He's from CA. Drew Carey or even Lebron James would've made better choices IMO.
There's no crying in baseball (name changes)

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His ties to Cleveland go back to 1977 when he landed his first professional job as an intern at the Great Lakes Shakespeare Festival. Hanks spent three summers at what is now known as Great Lakes Theater and earned his Actors’ Equity card here. The actor became a huge Indians fan during that time and has worn the team’s gear and expressed his fondness for the city in numerous television appearances over the years.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did not know that. Makes sense now. Thank you.