NFL league: year 2022-23

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont know, nor does anyone on this board, the difference in offseason work between Kyler and other young QBs

We do know he does work -- but only through other parties. K1 posts very little video (if any) himself.

We only know he had offseason work with his receivers because someone like DHop posted a video, or that Hollywood told people. We have no idea what QB experts he works with --- or if he works with any.

I think part of this is K1 is a different guy. He is the anti-JJ Watt in terms of social media. JJ gives us full blast. Kyler gives us occasional peeks.

Is it possible that during last year he concluded he watched enough film to be successful -- wouldnt surprise me. But again, through 10 weeks or so, was he wrong? But the last 7 weeks also could have made him rethink that as well.
Really depends. Its possible he really believes he had no DHOP and AJ Green suddenly became washed.

I guess the good thing about the Hopkins suspension is that if there ever was a time to over prepare the time is now. In Texas his dad is known as a very strict QB coach. Its just a question if Kyler needs another voice to convince him of what he needs to work on/see. I know the coaching staff mentioned how having Colt McCoy was very helpful to him in the film room. Its on Kyler to seek outside help if need be. Similar to a golfer seeking out new strategies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In the last 7 weeks, he could have watched film 16 hours/day & it wouldn't have mattered. When your OL can't pass block, when your RB's are injured, when your WR's without Hop cannot get open, and your D is pathetic against both the run & pass, then criticizing him for supposedly not watching enough film is kind of funny.
Not really. Let's not kid ourselves. What you say about the rest of our team is true. It's also true that KM contributed to the slide as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In the last 7 weeks, he could have watched film 16 hours/day & it wouldn't have mattered. When your OL can't pass block, when your RB's are injured, when your WR's without Hop cannot get open, and your D is pathetic against both the run & pass, then criticizing him for supposedly not watching enough film is kind of funny.
I believe this is overdramatic. Colt McCoy found a way to run the offense well without Hop and with the same offensive line for two of the three weeks Kyler was out. What we all know is that in the NFL either based upon matchup or injuries, QBs need to be able to tweek their game and adjust. Colt McCoy showed a way to run the offense that was different than Kyler but with sub-optimal personnel available. Kyler did not observe that and adjust his game similarly once he came back.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it is reasonable to lament that Herbert has outperformed Murray in one less year and wasn't taken number one.

I don't believe it is even debatable that Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen are all better QBs than Kyler Murray at this point in time. While it is ok, it is also a bit disappointing.

I do agree that there is little evidence to prove that Kyler doesn't take his career seriously. I think he does. That said, I do believe his biggest issues are self awareness and humility. I have made the Russell Westbrook comparison before and it popped into my head when he passed on speaking with the media this past week which Somers reported.
Him passing on the media was probably the smartest thing he has done all off season.

Firstky because, well...**** those guys...

Secondky, it would have devolved into questions about his contract, is he gonna hold out.... all that crap... and there is a high probability those guys in the media would find a negative spin no matter what he said.

Kyler: "i love arizona and i love being a cardinal. So i decided to take a 3 year non guaranteed deal. This allows me the opportunity to be well compensated while stepping up to prove i am worthy of an upper echelon contract"

Media: kyler murray says he doesnt believe he is as good as guys like Allen and Mahomes. He took a short deal because he is uncertain about his future in Arizona.

Until his contract is done he should skip every media event

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Him passing on the media was probably the smartest thing he has done all off season.

Firstky because, well...**** those guys...

Secondky, it would have devolved into questions about his contract, is he gonna hold out.... all that crap... and there is a high probability those guys in the media would find a negative spin no matter what he said.

Kyler: "i love arizona and i love being a cardinal. So i decided to take a 3 year non guaranteed deal. This allows me the opportunity to be well compensated while stepping up to prove i am worthy of an upper echelon contract"

Media: kyler murray says he doesnt believe he is as good as guys like Allen and Mahomes. He took a short deal because he is uncertain about his future in Arizona.

Until his contract is done he should skip every media event
Uh, I would say I'm glad you're not his media advisor, because this would be terrible advice. Then again, considering he is damaging himself by ducking the media, perhaps you are his media advisor.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick’s Las Vegas Raiders Workout Was “A Disaster,” Sports Commenter Warren Sapp Claims

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick’s Las Vegas Raiders Workout Was “A Disaster,” Sports Commenter Warren Sapp Claims
Lol. Hearsay on hearsay.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Is Sapp even relevant today? I put him in the Orlovsky category...except, instead of running out the back of endzones, he buys sex toys for prostitutes and pees on coworkers and get's fired.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seahawks fans pissed with usa open Twitter account .. But i loved the tweet
Just wondering, its really underrated tennis there
Meanwhile the, Seahawks fans thinks that football is the number 1 sport , but outside of USA there is a just a small percentage of people following it
Many can't stand watching it, many breaks, several advertising, three hours and more for just 20/30 minuts of condensed football
Btw krygios tsitsipas was fun to watch even if i don't like both of them

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

David Andrews: Mac Jones works his butt off every day, that’s what you want in a QB

The Patriots have some time off before reporting to training camp later this month, but quarterback Mac Jones has not been spending his time on a beach.

Like many other quarterbacks, Jones has used the time to set up workouts with teammates. Wide receivers Nelson Agholor and Tre Nixon caught passes from Jones in California last week and center David Andrews said on 98.5 The Sports Hub that he wasn’t surprised to see Jones putting in that work because it’s the same approach he’s had throughout his time in New England.

“The kid’s a hard worker,” Andrews said, via Conor Roche of Boston.com. “He works his butt off, day in and day out. Sometimes I just try to get him to take a deep breath. But that’s what you want out of your quarterback. He works really hard. He’s a tough kid. It’s been fun for me the last year, year and a half, to get to know him. I’ve got a lot of respect for how he does things and how he carries himself.”

Andrews has had plenty of company singing Jones’ praises this offseason. If that continues into the season, the Patriots offense should be in good shape.

Kyler? Kyler?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which teams should be thinking about making a run at Baker Mayfield?

The Browns.

If Judge Sue L. Robinson decides that Deshaun Watson should miss the entire season, or if on appeal the Commissioner makes that ruling, the Browns will need a quarterback for all of 2022. Mayfield makes the most sense, on paper. Unfortunately, the bridge between Baker and the Browns has been obliterated. The only way to mend fences would be for the Browns to offer him more money and an unimpeded path to the open market in 2023. Even then, it’s probably not enough.

The Steelers.

When the Steelers made quarterback Kenny Pickett the 20th overall pick in the draft, the door seemingly slammed on the possibility of Mayfield making a beeline to the ‘Burgh if he’s ultimately cut by the Browns. But with Pickett by all appearances not ready to play, isn’t Mayfield (if healthy) a better option than Mitch Trubisky? Mayfield definitely is. And while that would be an intriguing answer for 2022, it could throw a wrench in the plans for 2023, if the Steelers have a great year with Mayfield. Some would call that a good problem to have.

The Panthers.

They’re reportedly still haggling with the Browns over the amount of money the two teams would pay toward Mayfield’s 2022 guaranteed salary of $18.8 million. At some point, the logjam needs to be broken. If the Panthers wait too long, one of these other teams may snatch him.

The Falcons.

Baker Mayfield is a better option than Marcus Mariota. Maybe the Falcons will come to terms with that during the slow weeks. Maybe they’ll realize that it won’t get any easier to get people to buy tickets and attend games absent a quarterback who plays well enough to make an NFC South also-ran into a potential contender.

The Seahawks.

Despite periodic reports of significant interest, they’ve done nothing to demonstrate it clearly and conclusively. Maybe they’re simply playing the cards close to the vest in the hopes that he’ll eventually be released. Regardless, the Seahawks are doing a good job of selling the idea that they’re comfortable with Geno Smith or that new darling of the U.S. Open, Drew Lock.

The Saints.

They were one of the teams pursuing Deshaun Watson. That necessarily makes them a potential contender for Mayfield, despite the presence of Jameis Winston. Maybe the Saints genuinely believe that Winston when healthy is better than Mayfield when healthy. Reasonable minds definitely would differ on that point.

The Lions.

Those familiar with this specific web destination may remember that I’ve been trying to type this one into existence. Mayfield is better than Jared Goff. Period. And Mayfield much better fits the current vibe that coach Dan Campbell is trying to create than the California kid who landed in what must feel to him like Bizarro Oz.

The Giants.

The new power structure didn’t pick up the fifth-year option on Daniel Jones. Although they refuse to explain it this way, they basically are betting that he won’t be good enough to make them want to apply the much pricier franchise tag in 2023. Isn’t Mayfield better and more accomplished than Jones? Yes and yes. If the Giants aren’t sold that Jones will be the guy for 2023, why not grab Mayfield now and see if he can become the future for a team that is still trying to adequately replace Eli Manning?

The Texans.

They claim to be all in with Davis Mills. And, in fairness to Mills, he’s possibly working his way toward a fairly high ceiling. Still, if the goal is to win now, Mayfield is the better option. And while they could have had him as part of the Watson trade, the Browns likely would have placed too much value on Mayfield at the time. As part of a separate transaction, the Texans possibly could get him for a lot less.

The 49ers.

Could the best bridge to the Trey Lance era not be Jimmy G. but Baker Mayfield? Maybe. But they’ll be far better off letting Lance commence the process of becoming the best version of himself that he eventually will be.

The Dolphins.

I know I said I’d list the teams in no particular order, but I saved this one for last. TuAnon won’t like this, one bit. But let’s be fair. Mayfield, when healthy, can do much more than Tua has ever done. And with Mike McDaniel drawing up the plays, Mayfield could be exactly what the Dolphins need to hit their full potential in 2022 and beyond. If they can get him for cheap, they definitely should consider it. Even if they won’t.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rams 1-point favorites over Bills in Week One, but Bills are favorites to win the Super Bowl

The betting public is high on the Buffalo Bills in the 2022 NFL season. But not necessarily in the first game of the season.

The Bills are the favorites to win Super Bowl LVII at every major sports book, with their odds typically listed at +600 or +650.

After the Bills, the next-most likely Super Bowl winner, according to the sports books, is the Buccaneers, at +700 or +750. The Chiefs are next at +900 to +1000, followed by the defending champion Rams at +1100.

But when the Rams face the Bills in Week One, it’s the Rams who are 1-point favorites at most sports books. The Rams are the home team in that game, as the defending Super Bowl champion traditionally is, in the season opener on Thursday, September 8.

After the Rams, the oddsmakers list the Packers at+1200 to win the Super Bowl, followed by the Chargers, 49ers and Broncos all at around +1600.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose