NFL league: year 2022-23

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach of the week: Panthers interim coach Steve Wilks.

Owner David Tepper has said Wilks can get the permanent position if he does an “incredible” job. He did something pretty incredible on Sunday, with the Panthers shutting down the Buccaneers, 21-3.

Wilks has inspired the locker room. Linebacker Shaq Thompson said that Wilks was “****ed over” by the Cardinals, who fired him after a single 3-13 season in 2018. Wilks told PFT that he’s thinking only about the next week.

That’s the right approach. And if Wilks can continue to motivate and guide and strategize the way he did just days after losing Christian McCaffrey, the Panthers can perform well enough to make it impossible to not hire him.

PFT’s Week 7 2022 NFL awards

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Coach of the week: Panthers interim coach Steve Wilks.

Owner David Tepper has said Wilks can get the permanent position if he does an “incredible” job. He did something pretty incredible on Sunday, with the Panthers shutting down the Buccaneers, 21-3.

Wilks has inspired the locker room. Linebacker Shaq Thompson said that Wilks was “****ed over” by the Cardinals, who fired him after a single 3-13 season in 2018. Wilks told PFT that he’s thinking only about the next week.

That’s the right approach. And if Wilks can continue to motivate and guide and strategize the way he did just days after losing Christian McCaffrey, the Panthers can perform well enough to make it impossible to not hire him.

PFT’s Week 7 2022 NFL awards

Every time I hear someone say Wilks got a raw deal I know they payed no attention to the 2018 Cardinals.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Every time I hear someone say Wilks got a raw deal I know they payed no attention to the 2018 Cardinals.
Yep.

Wilks routinely threw the players under the bus. He was the most clueless HC I've ever seen. Anyone who thinks he got a raw deal didn't watch his team, nor watch his post game press conferences.

I remember a reporter asking him how does he fix this and him basically saying he had no idea. Thats not what he should say. In that instance, I want to hear some dadgum authority.

He was given a crap team, but they were wins on the table that he didn't get because of incompetence.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep.

Wilks routinely threw the players under the bus. He was the most clueless HC I've ever seen. Anyone who thinks he got a raw deal didn't watch his team, nor watch his post game press conferences.

I remember a reporter asking him how does he fix this and him basically saying he had no idea. Thats not what he should say. In that instance, I want to hear some dadgum authority.

He was given a crap team, but they were wins on the table that he didn't get because of incompetence.

He definitely had an awful roster and really 3 wins was about as much as you could expect from it. But it wasn't his record, it was everything else that got him fired.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
really nice guy , you wanted to root for him so bad but after theat first game against washington you knew they are going to suck so bad under him

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep.

You just described kliffs answers for 3+ years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He definitely had an awful roster and really 3 wins was about as much as you could expect from it. But it wasn't his record, it was everything else that got him fired.
Agreed. He wasn’t prepared for the moment that was given him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agreed. He wasn’t prepared for the moment that was given him.
I think he was just the wrong guy for the moment. Like, was Joe Bugel any different?

I'm echoing someone's opinion but I think we've reached a time of GMs really throwing hail marys with their head coaching hires. It's not only people who have ridden in an elevator with Sean McVay.

People are looking to lock down offensive wunderkinds and searching everywhere for it. Because Michael and Steve Keim are dumb, they fired an exceptional offensive playcaller with experience and replaced him with a late-90s style defensive head coach whose ceiling was probably Black Jeff Fisher.

It's interesting to think about how Josh Rosen's career might've ended up if he'd had a chance to start his career with Arians. I don't think he ends up like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 (seems like such a weird comparison in retrospect), but maybe he could have been Kirk Cousins-ish?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think he was just the wrong guy for the moment. Like, was Joe Bugel any different?

I'm echoing someone's opinion but I think we've reached a time of GMs really throwing hail marys with their head coaching hires. It's not only people who have ridden in an elevator with Sean McVay.

People are looking to lock down offensive wunderkinds and searching everywhere for it. Because Michael and Steve Keim are dumb, they fired an exceptional offensive playcaller with experience and replaced him with a late-90s style defensive head coach whose ceiling was probably Black Jeff Fisher.

It's interesting to think about how Josh Rosen's career might've ended up if he'd had a chance to start his career with Arians. I don't think he ends up like Aaron Rodgers 2.0 (seems like such a weird comparison in retrospect), but maybe he could have been Kirk Cousins-ish?
Black Jeff Fisher. LMAO.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because Michael and Steve Keim are dumb, they fired an exceptional offensive playcaller with experience and replaced him with a late-90s style defensive head coach whose ceiling was probably Black Jeff Fisher.
Whom did they fire?!

Oh, are you one of the "Cardinals forced Arians out" conspiracy theorists? :rolleyes:

...dbs

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Very interesting. He could easily become their leading receiver if he replicates the ability he showed last season.

Something is odd though, New York seemed to go out of their way not to give him a chance to contribute this season.