New England Patriots

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A motivated, "we don't need to cheat" Patriots team is usually pretty scary. Couple that with some truly bad play by the rest of the league and it's probably going to be another undefeated season for the Patsies this year.

I'll hate it, but it's coming.

What I don't understand is what do they do that apparently no one else in the league even approaches, much less duplicates? As good as Brady is or isn't, he simply can't be on such a different level than other QB's.

How can the Patriots be literally one dimensional on offense and not only get away with it, excel at it? It just doesn't add up.

Belichick is extremely demanding & prepares his team better than anyone ever has. Once a franchise wins as frequently as the Patriots have, that allows the HC to do pretty much as he pleases. The players love winning & will tolerate almost anything to stay there. Other coaches from his tree have attempted to use the same approach, but have failed miserably. Bill O'Brien, Josh McDaniels, Jim Schwartz, Eric Mangini, Romeo Crennel, & Charlie Weis are pretty much all HC failures. Bottom line, you have to WIN, otherwise the players won't put up with the bs. That's why Belichick failed in Cleveland. The team just didn't win enough to put up with personality.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A motivated, "we don't need to cheat" Patriots team is usually pretty scary. Couple that with some truly bad play by the rest of the league and it's probably going to be another undefeated season for the Patsies this year.

I'll hate it, but it's coming.

What I don't understand is what do they do that apparently no one else in the league even approaches, much less duplicates? As good as Brady is or isn't, he simply can't be on such a different level than other QB's.

How can the Patriots be literally one dimensional on offense and not only get away with it, excel at it? It just doesn't add up.

Brady actually is on a different level. Pair that with a coach who is able to fill holes and scheme out of their weaknesses and they're hard to beat.

Just one example: on that Colts trick disaster play, you don't see any confusion whatsoever on the defense, they never tried to substitute players and they lined up correctly. Billichek always has their team prepared.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I continue to be amazed at how much time Brady routinely has in the pocket.
Gronk is a complete nightmare for opposing defenses. I knew he was good at UA but his dominance in the NFL is impressive.
Was going to post this last week about Gronk. The dude is a phenomenal athlete. They have a thing on NFL network with the fastest players for that week, by showing how many MPH the player ran. A week or two ago they had Gronk, running with the football at an ungodly 21 MPH. Nobody wants to tackle that.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, the Pats are just rolling man. Even in that Jets game last week I really never felt like they were going to lose, and they were down in the 4th quarter. They are just confident and complete, and just for extra juice, they are ticked off.

Sticking with my preseason prediction: Packers vs Pats superbowl.
I just dont see how anyone can beat either of those teams at home. Especially in December.

Even us as much of a homer as I am about the Cardinals. If we have to go to the Green Bay in the playoffs I have a hard time even imagining a scenario where we can win that game. I would rather go anywhere but Lambeau.

Last edited:

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
The pats are rolling and are one injury away from one and done postseason imo. If they can stay somewhat healthy (Brady, Gronk) They are a tough out you better play error free and hope they dont.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose