New Amsterdam

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the jist of it? I missed the pilot, but have the DVR set to get the rest.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the jist of it? I missed the pilot, but have the DVR set to get the rest.

Imagine Highlander, but without the swords, sword fights, Clancy Brown, Scots of any kind, and a Queen soundtrack.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recorded this show, but haven't watched it yet. Will check it out this weekend.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You may want to check to see if you missed the second show. I set my DVR to record all new shows but it didn't record the show from 3/6. I just watched it online at FOX.com. This episode seemed pretty important as far as the ongoing story between John and Omar.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't bad. I mean, it's no Life, House or Jericho, but it seems fun. Intriguing way of approaching the immortality storyline, and some fun characters. Plus it has the hot chick Gaia from Rome as his partner :D

Stout

Reaction score
I'm getting into the show. I like how it makes everything in his life seem so easy and then pulls the rug out from under it for you. See examples in the spoiler.

Omar is just a regular guy who happens to know his secret and acts as his front man. Not so fast! He's his SON! It's not just a cheap shot either, because it is explained in full during flashback. Also, it's perfect...he found the girl, they're clearly into each other, it's all going so smooth...bam! She's married. D'oh! Like was said in the show, there's only ever one person that is perfect for you, but you might marry someone else and never meet that person.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched eps 2 & 3, missed the pilot (but I get it).

I like it, bt I think it's going to get old fast. I wouldn't be at all surprised if FOX drops it after a season and SciFi picks it up. It has a SciFi channel feel to me.

Stout

Reaction score
Excellent episode. I don't want to spoil it, so I will keep my comment to the fact that I love his character development. Still, I'm finding it hard to believe they'll have enough material for a season, let alone more.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent episode. I don't want to spoil it, so I will keep my comment to the fact that I love his character development. Still, I'm finding it hard to believe they'll have enough material for a season, let alone more.
Totally agree on all counts.

I like that he's learned and grown so much from his centuries on Earth and, for lack of a better term, he's a very actualized individual.

(I'll bet he'd like the movie "Dan in Real Life." ;))

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Still, I'm finding it hard to believe they'll have enough material for a season, let alone more.

I think they can, with over 400 years of back story to pick from it shouldnt be that hard IMO.

I like the show a lot as well. One of my favorite new shows out this year.

Stout

Reaction score
I think they can, with over 400 years of back story to pick from it shouldnt be that hard IMO.

I like the show a lot as well. One of my favorite new shows out this year.

Yeah, but even though they have a ton of backstory, they have to keep progressing the plot in the modern day or the show will die. And it doesn't appear as if there is much to go on. I'm sure it can work well for a season. I'm not sure about another season. That said, I'm really enjoying it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose