Chronicles of Riddick
Disorganized Crime
Empire Records
John Wick(s)
Mad Dog and Glory

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of a “sleeper.” If your only criteria is that they didn’t make much at the box office, that list can be very, very long.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of a “sleeper.” If your only criteria is that they didn’t make much at the box office, that list can be very, very long.

Sure, I could have typed till my fingers were too sore to continue and even then I'm sure I'd forget a bunch. Like right now, I'm kicking myself for leaving Outlaw Josey Wales off the list. But I always look at things this way, these kind of lists can help you find movies you might enjoy that you don't really know. If you go through my list for example and you know 7 of them and dislike 5 of them it's a safe bet my list might not work for you. And vice versa.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sure, I could have typed till my fingers were too sore to continue and even then I'm sure I'd forget a bunch. Like right now, I'm kicking myself for leaving Outlaw Josey Wales off the list. But I always look at things this way, these kind of lists can help you find movies you might enjoy that you don't really know. If you go through my list for example and you know 7 of them and dislike 5 of them it's a safe bet my list might not work for you. And vice versa.
I honestly don't think Josey Wales, the John Wick movies or Chronicles of Riddick are what I would consider "sleeper" movies. It's just semantics.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Josey Wales, the John Wick movies or Chronicles of Riddick are what I would consider "sleeper" movies. It's just semantics.

Yeah, they were borderline in my mind too but they weren't blockbusters either.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they were borderline in my mind too but they weren't blockbusters either.

i think the first John Wick qualifies as a sleeper. No one expected anything from that. Cost like 10 million bucks and leapfrogged to one of the best and unlikely franchises in Hollywood with 4 and 5 being shot back to back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i think the first John Wick qualifies as a sleeper. No one expected anything from that. Cost like 10 million bucks and leapfrogged to one of the best and unlikely franchises in Hollywood with 4 and 5 being shot back to back.
A sleeper when it first came out, sure. But it’s not a sleeper today.