Nets @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-16-2021

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, I turned the game off at halftime thinking it was over. Just now I see they manage to lose. This is embarrassing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I turned the game off at halftime thinking it was over. Just now I see they manage to lose. This is embarrassing.

You are lucky you didn't watch the second half. A loss like this rips your heart out. It will be hard for the Suns to bounce back on their two game road trip.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
This one still stings.

Ayton looked bad on the perimeter but I think the switching is something that should have been addressed by the coach after 2nd/3rd time.

When Brooklyn started getting back in it during the 3rd quarter, the offense did nothing to counter, especially when the 3 ball wasn't dropping. The players got cold in the 3rd but the coaches have to do a better job of changing it up to halt the momentum

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one still stings.

Ayton looked bad on the perimeter but I think the switching is something that should have been addressed by the coach after 2nd/3rd time.

When Brooklyn started getting back in it during the 3rd quarter, the offense did nothing to counter, especially when the 3 ball wasn't dropping. The players got cold in the 3rd but the coaches have to do a better job of changing it up to halt the momentum

Yeah, I usually don't like blaming the coaches, it's too easy to do and we're so far away from what's really going on. But last night, it sure looked like, once again, we failed to adjust to a very obvious tactic. It's killed us several times this season. Either it's a fault of Monty's system, or it's a fault of Monty's in-game coaching, or it's a fault of Ayton comprehending/following coach directions which at this point, is still a failure in coaching.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, I usually don't like blaming the coaches, it's too easy to do and we're so far away from what's really going on. But last night, it sure looked like, once again, we failed to adjust to a very obvious tactic. It's killed us several times this season. Either it's a fault of Monty's system, or it's a fault of Monty's in-game coaching, or it's a fault of Ayton comprehending/following coach directions which at this point, is still a failure in coaching.
SO obvious! I couldn't believe my eyes at the 4th time they did the same thing and each time it led to a score. Part of the blame is on Ayton, but a good aggressive coach would have let that play run twice in a row at most before making an adjustment. Monty did NOTHING.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont recall what team did this to us this season, but Ayton was always the guy guarding the ball and got roasted. OH wait it just came to mind, was it the wizards game?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’ve really mellowed in my advancing years. Or I’m just finally getting used to truly bewildering and embarassing Arizona sports losses.

I’m more interested to see how they bounce back with three toughs games ahead rather than lament the loss.

or maybe it’s just because I know ultimately, this team really goes nowhere special with Ayton as its third most important player. It’s probably that. But, it kinda makes watching more enjoyable. The 6 game winning streak was a lot of fun. And after years of being atrocious, in the middle of a pandemic where lots of things suck, I’ll take any fun I can get and try to let the crap roll off as much as possible.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I think I’ve really mellowed in my advancing years. Or I’m just finally getting used to truly bewildering and embarassing Arizona sports losses.

I’m more interested to see how they bounce back with three toughs games ahead rather than lament the loss.

or maybe it’s just because I know ultimately, this team really goes nowhere special with Ayton as its third most important player. It’s probably that. But, it kinda makes watching more enjoyable. The 6 game winning streak was a lot of fun. And after years of being atrocious, in the middle of a pandemic where lots of things suck, I’ll take any fun I can get and try to let the crap roll off as much as possible.

Well said. I'm happy with how the Suns are after years of losing. Not too happy with Ayton and I think he's a lost cause but this is definitely better than a lot of other seasons.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I would have been less troubled by this game if I hadn't seen the halftime score and decided to turn it on at that point. If they're going to lose in humiliating fashion, I'd much prefer not to see it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s Monty he flat out cannot make adjustments. How many times have we seen the Suns blow big leads this year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave