Nets @ Suns Sunday game thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Team had 37 assists tonight and only 7 turnovers. Combined with very good shooting and defense they were truly a complete team tonight. Not a single thing they didn't do significantly better than Brooklyn tonight.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hope they can shoot like this against the Lakers. It's gonna be a tough game against their bigs.
They have been tremendous on defense. If we can score 110+ I really like our chances, but it might have to be a low scoring grind it out type game.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And the final stats.

You must be registered for see images attach

The figures are a little out of the ordinary because Baynes, who started out like a house on fire,
but got into foul trouble, played only 17 minutes. He had 14 points and led with 7 boards.

Who was our 2nd best rebounder with 6? Three bench players -- Kaminsky, Bridges and Cam.

Seven players scored in double figures. All five starters plus the two Johnsons.

And, of course, what we envisioned for this season. Rubio with 12 assists and Book, as a
distributing Shooting Guard, with 9. Book led with 27 points and Rubio was 2nd with 22.

The Suns have mostly been a backcourt scoring team. But we know that Rubio's value
is as a true Point Guard. Scoring from him is a bonus.

We won the 1st quarter by 7 (after having opened a 20-point lead), the 2nd quarter by
11 and the 3rd quarter by 8.

Then, with the bench closing it out, we played even in the 4th quarter.

The formula for success!

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
NBA.com updates their stats quick. Booker is #4 in 3pt % but like I said in the previous post, he's the best shooter in the league with at least 20 makes. He's shooting 53.2% from 3, which is nuts for someone shooting as much as he does and how well he's typically defended.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns have decided on a 9 man rotation for now with Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, Mikal Bridges and Tyler Johnson coming off the bench.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Williams called tonight's tightened nine-man rotation "cleaner." Jevon Carter was the odd man out. "I have to make decisions at times to help the team. I talked to (Carter) about it, and he was great. We’re gonna see how it works." #Suns

8:40 PM - 10 Nov 2019

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns have decided on a 9 man rotation for now with Cam Johnson, Frank Kaminsky, Mikal Bridges and Tyler Johnson coming off the bench.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Williams called tonight's tightened nine-man rotation "cleaner." Jevon Carter was the odd man out. "I have to make decisions at times to help the team. I talked to (Carter) about it, and he was great. We’re gonna see how it works." #Suns

8:40 PM - 10 Nov 2019
I love his defense, but he isn't much of a passer and his shot hasn't been falling. Just makes more sense to go to a 3 guard rotation with one of Booker or Rubio almost always on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nice game all around. Happy to see we weathered the comeback and then pushed it back up to total blow out.

Nice all around game by Cam.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Lakers just fell to the Raps, so next game we can take the top of the division.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lakers just fell to the Raps, so next game we can take the top of the division.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Also means they will come in motivated. We will have to be very focused to come away with the win on Tuesday.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also means they will come in motivated. We will have to be very focused to come away with the win on Tuesday.
And you know what? A motivated Lakers team doesn’t scare me. Because when this Suns team plays well, they are competitive with everyone, I matter how motivated the opponent is.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just had a thought. What is Booker’s favorite spot on the floor. Aside from maybe three point angle left, I cannot think of one. He scores from everywhere.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And you know what? A motivated Lakers team doesn’t scare me. Because when this Suns team plays well, they are competitive with everyone, I matter how motivated the opponent is.
We shall see, but hey, how great is it to be excited for an upcoming "Big Game" for the Suns? LOL Been a while before we've gotten to feel this!

BEAT LA