Reaction score
OP
OP
MrYeahBut

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't keep track of the film industry too much other than that which affects me directly. My work takes me to warehouse loading docks and I get a visual of how much equipment and stage props ,plus how much staff they have. Lately I've been in the Better call Saul storage facility and some remnants of what's left of Longmire. I just completed work on new equipment on the loading docks for Netflix. They were not at liberty to tell me what was going to be filmed there. I know companies cut their losses and run, but leasing a 50K Sq ft warehouse and having spent $30K with me alone, not to mention what the plumbers and electrical contractors contracts are worth... Well into 6 figures. They don't appear to be in it for the short haul.

A piece of trivia that may interest only me. . I was a set carpenter/plasterer on Silverado back in the day. We built that old western town in the middle of nowhere. I was once grabbed out of a crowd by a casting agent to play a bit part in a bar fight for an episode of Mannix. So there you have the complete history of my stint in the movie business. .oh yeah, I hung around doing stuff that extras do mainly because I needed the $10 and there were lots of girls around with nothing to do all day but adore me... lol