NCAA Tourney: Arizona State vs Buffalo

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And they need to quit missing some many shots from point blank range. They leave so many points out on the floor missing layups or easy put backs

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they need to quit missing some many shots from point blank range. They leave so many points out on the floor missing layups or easy put backs

Like that second half sequence where they missed the dunk, ball richocted so far that St. Johns got an easy dunk on the other end

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Remi Martin is severely limited I think the Devils are in trouble. Anyone know his status for today's game?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU can't hit a 3 pointer today. Martin not looking like Martin.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking pretty lost and listless.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Asu playing like they did in the 2nd half vs St John's, and getting blown out as a result. Need to recruit some guys who can actually hit some jumpers...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's disappointing the Sun Devils did not advance further but they made it to the NCAA Tournament and won a game so I think the season has to be considered a success.

Hopefully Hurley can build on this foundation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that offense was UNWATCHABLE. I struggled to watch the entire St. John's game and turned this game off one minute into the 2nd half today. Yikes.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It's disappointing the Sun Devils did not advance further but they made it to the NCAA Tournament and won a game so I think the season has to be considered a success.

Hopefully Hurley can build on this foundation.

Hurley has to pick up the recruiting... Dort is a nice addition. But they need better. They need BOTH, a bigger/stronger presence down low, and they desperately need better quality shooters. Cherry is a decent shooter but can't play defense. Lawrence is a decent defender but can't be relied upon on offense.
This season was a success in the sense they put up 23 wins. But they failed in the Pac-12 tournament (a healthy Remy may have gotten them past Oregon and into the championship game), and they were no match for Buffalo today. Seriously, the difference in depth and high-quality talent was stunning between these two teams.
Hurley has a lot of work to do...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurley has to pick up the recruiting... Dort is a nice addition. But they need better. They need BOTH, a bigger/stronger presence down low, and they desperately need better quality shooters. Cherry is a decent shooter but can't play defense. Lawrence is a decent defender but can't be relied upon on offense.
This season was a success in the sense they put up 23 wins. But they failed in the Pac-12 tournament (a healthy Remy may have gotten them past Oregon and into the championship game), and they were no match for Buffalo today. Seriously, the difference in depth and high-quality talent was stunning between these two teams.
Hurley has a lot of work to do...

No doubt there is a lot of work to do. This has to be considered a major step forward. Hopefully it is the first of many steps to come.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt there is a lot of work to do. This has to be considered a major step forward. Hopefully it is the first of many steps to come.

I guess it's a big step forward in terms of results. But, when you look at how miserably bad the PAC 12 has been the last two years, this game also showcased just bad the conference has become. Well before the first half was over, you could tell Buffalo (BUFFALO!) was the far more talented team and was going to win easily. Most of the second half, my Dad and speculated on whether Buffalo would've been undefeated in our conference this year, how many games they would have won the conference by, etc.

I don't know how you fix the shooting of this team. It's not just the threes, IDK if I have ever seen a team blow so many point blank shots in a year. And, still have a winning record.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a big step forward in terms of results. But, when you look at how miserably bad the PAC 12 has been the last two years, this game also showcased just bad the conference has become. Well before the first half was over, you could tell Buffalo (BUFFALO!) was the far more talented team and was going to win easily. Most of the second half, my Dad and speculated on whether Buffalo would've been undefeated in our conference this year, how many games they would have won the conference by, etc.

I don't know how you fix the shooting of this team. It's not just the threes, IDK if I have ever seen a team blow so many point blank shots in a year. And, still have a winning record.

The lack of shooting is frustrating for sure especially since this should be an easier fix than adding size which they need as well. They missed a lot of shots underneath not to mention a lot of three pointers where they shot 13.6%. It's certainly frustrating for a team that produced players like Byron Scott and James Harden.

Part of it might be improving the point guard position which can get the team easier shots but they still need to make them. I think Remy Martin being injured hurt really hurt the offense. I guess it all comes down to recruiting and getting players to come here.

Hey we have Jaelen House coming. If he can shoot like his father, this should help.

As a side note, if Luguentz Dort declares, he could be a first round pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dort should come back and shoot to be a lottery pick but I think he’ll get a promise from some team in the late-1st. His physical upside will be too enticing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose