NCAA Investigation of ASU Football Program

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could have implications concerning the NCAA investigation of the ASU football program.

The penalties could be more severe for Arizona State. I'm not sure how the LSU violations compare in totality.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This could have implications concerning the NCAA investigation of the ASU football program.

The penalties could be more severe for Arizona State. I'm not sure how the LSU violations compare in totality.

I guess Jayden Daniels dodged a bullet. Wait a sec...

But seriously, we could get hammered harder. Who knows, just wish this was our probation year. :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But seriously, we could get hammered harder. Who knows, just wish this was our probation year. :)

Agree. It would be nice if this were the probation season for Arizona State.

Since I understand multiple coaches were involved, the penalty might be harsher.

On the positive side, ASU has finally cleaned house.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

The fact that Jayden Daniels didn’t have his eligibility revoked shows how stupid the NCAA is.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are also under investigation for recruiting violations during COVID, just like us, plus others such as lying to the NCAA.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jim-harbaughs-future-now-true-181613204.html

This gives credence to those who have said that everyone was committing these violations. Also makes me wonder if this may lighten up the sanctions against ASU, they may want to avoid setting a super harsh precedent that the Michigan program will have to reckon with.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Jim Harbaugh and Michigan are also under investigation for recruiting violations during COVID, just like us, plus others such as lying to the NCAA.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jim-harbaughs-future-now-true-181613204.html

This gives credence to those who have said that everyone was committing these violations. Also makes me wonder if this may lighten up the sanctions against ASU, they may want to avoid setting a super harsh precedent that the Michigan program will have to reckon with.
I would guarantee that every single program in the country has multiple violations

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure there are a lot of NIL violations by other schools as well, but I'm not expecting the NCAA to cut ASU any slack.

Hopefully not the opposite to sit an example.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thia may be overkill, but on the other hand would be better long term than a loss of scholarships. We have such a tough schedule this year, what happens though if we self impose this ban and don't become bowl eligbile?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will there be accountability for those in charge at ASU?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
ASU wasn’t making a bowl this season, so if you’re gonna self impose, do it now. That being said, how Ray Anderson has a job given the Herm debacle and the indifference about changing conferences is beyond me

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU wasn’t making a bowl this season, so if you’re gonna self impose, do it now. That being said, how Ray Anderson has a job given the Herm debacle and the indifference about changing conferences is beyond me

ASU should have self-imposed in 2022. How Ray Anderson still has a job is beyond me. The NCAA likely will impose further sanctions thanks to the way leadership handled the matter.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU should have self-imposed in 2022. How Ray Anderson still has a job is beyond me. The NCAA likely will impose further sanctions thanks to the way leadership handled the matter.
I agree, but since Edwards was the coach at the beginning of last season, I don't believe it ever crossed his mind. Can't believe he still has a job.