NBA SUSPENDS Regular Season

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
James Harden says he wants to return to play, but 'I want it to be safe'
Harden said he would play games again without fans, but would feel comfortable returning when the pandemic has “calmed down all the way to a minimum…

“I want it to be safe,” said Harden when asked about returning. “I want it to be entertaining for the fans and players to get out there and compete. As soon as we can get this ramped up, I’m ready to go. I feel like the majority of the players feel the same way.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harden-says-wants-return-130006026.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Report: Warriors still expect their season is already over
The Warriors, planted in stall mode, can finally expect a resolution to the 2020 season in the next few weeks. Either they’ll be told their participation isn’t required for an end-of-season NBA resumption, as they still expect, or the league will ask them to ramp up training and likely enter an Orlando bubble to play a few competitively meaningless regular-season games for financial purposes, which they’re prepared to do.

Replacement summer league, as it’s been described to me, is how the Warriors would view it. Young players, in particular, need summer work.
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-warriors-still-expect-season-110031381.html

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

·
23h

Told today that if the NBA does resume with all 30 teams at a single-site, game days are likely to look like Summer League. Games would be almost all day long (starting around 12:00 noon ET) until the regular season is complete. Playoffs would follow a more regular schedule.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA

·
23h

Told today that if the NBA does resume with all 30 teams at a single-site, game days are likely to look like Summer League. Games would be almost all day long (starting around 12:00 noon ET) until the regular season is complete. Playoffs would follow a more regular schedule.

The regular season games are going to feel like summer league as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not see Las Vegas mentioned. It sounds like a single site is under consideration.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of snippets from The Athletic that help explain the focus on Orlando:

While the league has explored the possibility of holding games in multiple cities, it appears likely that Orlando would be a sole host. Sources confirmed that Houston, as first reported by The Ringer on Wednesday, has also received serious consideration as a host city. But Orlando is on track to win its bid so long as final details regarding testing and hotel use are resolved. For the NBA, Orlando/Disney World’s controllability as a playing site — with a private property having the necessary complexes, hotels and amenities — has been the most appealing of all the possibilities all along.

The synergy between the NBA and Disney — which owns the league’s main media partner – has played a pivotal part here too. What’s more, Disney Executive Chairman Bob Iger has strong relationships with Silver and National Basketball Players Association president Chris Paul. Iger even attended the NBA’s remote Board of Governors meeting on April 17, when he discussed the situation with the league’s owners and made a central point about the coronavirus that remains true.

https://theathletic.com/1826384/202...rlando-disney-world-frontrunner/?redirected=1

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they just need to house all the players and staff dorm style at some college. Test them, self isolate for a month, within that month let them gear up, have some 2-5 games and start the playoffs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The big take for me, free agency may take place before the draft. I like it as the Suns fan because they will better know their needs during the draft.
Seems unlikely, if anything that date has the draft taking place during the finals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems unlikely, if anything that date has the draft taking place during the finals.

For sure free agency is not going to happen while teams are playing. Looks like July 31st is the target date to resume play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave