NBA rookie survey

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns placed well in a survey of rookies.

Every year NBA.com sits down with the rookie class to take a survey about their fellow incoming players. The 2019 class shared their thoughts on topics such as who they think will win Rookie of the Year, who the biggest steal of the draft was and who the best defender is.

Both of the Phoenix Suns first round picks in Cam Johnson and Ty Jerome were featured in the survey with praise coming from their draft classmates.

https://www.nba.com/suns/features/cam-johnson-ty-jerome-featured-2019-nba-rookie-survey

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think stats will show Cam Johnson is the best shooter in this rookie class. Suns place #3 and #4 in the best shooter category.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Surprising, according to rookie survey Cam Reddish will have the best NBA career with Morant and Hunter ranked second and third.

Zion does win rookie of the year though.

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/2019-nba-rookie-survey-results-revealed/
A couple things.

I think 1) Zion only got 35% of the vote for ROY. That tells me that the rooks probably hold a grudge that he's so hyped. And 2) I also think Cam Reddish is also a joke. The rookies being rookies. Because all of them played in college, some against him, and some worked out with him, and they couldn't have missed all the bricks he laid. How could they possibly vote him as having the best career without it being some kind of massive in-joke?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple things.

I think 1) Zion only got 35% of the vote for ROY. That tells me that the rooks probably hold a grudge that he's so hyped. And 2) I also think Cam Reddish is also a joke. The rookies being rookies. Because all of them played in college, some against him, and some worked out with him, and they couldn't have missed all the bricks he laid. How could they possibly vote him as having the best career without it being some kind of massive in-joke?

I suspect the rookies tried to spread out the accolades as Zion was voted rookie of the year but Reddish being voted to have the best career with Hunter second does seem to be a bit off the wall.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave