NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was for the Knicks to lose out on Donovan Mitchell yet somehow they did.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was for the Knicks to lose out on Donovan Mitchell yet somehow they did.

Knicks gonna Knicks

To me the Knicks offer is way better though

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks gonna Knicks

To me the Knicks offer is way better though

It's ironic how Mitchell slipped through their hands. The moment talks broke down, the Cavaliers steal the prize.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It feels close to a lateral move, although Bojan Bogdanovic may be better offensively.
If you are referring to Crowder there is no may about it, he is much better offensively - and yes not as good defensively.

I feel like the offense is actually more important on this team, we need another guy that can score reliably if CP3 decides to do another no show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are referring to Crowder there is no may about it, he is much better offensively - and yes not as good defensively.

I feel like the offense is actually more important on this team, we need another guy that can score reliably if CP3 decides to do another no show.
If CP3 no shows, a Bogdanovich addition with a Crowder subtraction isn’t going to save us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He can score but he also needs someone to get him the ball. We need another ball handler/playmaker

Also we’re taking an already weak rebounding spot and just killing it. Somebody has to be rebound on this team besides Ayton

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah but he’s an even worse defender and rebounder than Crowder.

I'm not excited about the trade especially if the Suns have to give up a first round pick.

Phoenix might look at it as a contract dump and pick up a player they can use at the same time.

JRakes

Reaction score
Bojan is an expiring deal. I’d give up shamet, Payne, 2 1sts. Prolly could swing for Clarkson if you tossed in 2 more expiring contracts

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everybody wanting trade Shamet for Clarkson but that just weakens our ball handlers we would be even more dependent on Paul/Payne
I’m taking from your comments you don’t think clarkson is a good ballhandler, which really isn’t a problem of his.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bojan is an expiring deal. I’d give up shamet, Payne, 2 1sts. Prolly could swing for Clarkson if you tossed in 2 more expiring contracts
Two 1st’s for Bojan? No way.

I’m also not ready for Cam Johnson to be the starting-4. Every time he gets hot he then gets hurt or goes into a slump. His best role is still 6-man.

Guys like John Collins and Julius Randle are productive when “right” but aren’t seamless fits like you’d hope if they were to shake up the starting lineup. There’s just not a lot out there that makes sense besides upgrading the backup backcourt.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He can score but he also needs someone to get him the ball. We need another ball handler/playmaker

Also we’re taking an already weak rebounding spot and just killing it. Somebody has to be rebound on this team besides Ayton
Was just gonna ask, Who the heck is rebounding on that team?
Plus nobody guards Crowder so they can double Book, we need a BODY at the PF spot, someone who commands attention and does real PF stuff on the court.
Prolly gonna miss Crowders Defense but get a dude that can pull 10+ rbds a game alongside DA and teams will have a tough time dealing w us.
Players like Collins and Randel are to costly.
If Crowder really wants to leave dump his butt in NY have them send back Obi and bank on his future.
I'm not saying Obi is that dude or could replace Crowders tenacity on D but that's pretty much what were lookin at as far as what other teams would do for Jae.

Crowder has a defensive rating of 107.2 and Obi is at 109 atm, I have no idea what that means but they look close lol.
And hes 40 years younger that Jae.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojan would make this team very hard to guard offensively. I just don’t know if the team can afford to lose anymore defense. He is only slightly worse at rebounding but I would rather be shoring it up not making a lateral there.

This seems like a desperation move because we missed out on so many deals trying to get KG.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bojan is a reliable three-point shooter. Without checking the stats, I'd say he would be the second-best shooter on the team, behind only Cam Johnson. Also, he is not bad defensively. He actually plays pretty good defense, but he is even smaller than Crowder.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojan is a reliable three-point shooter. Without checking the stats, I'd say he would be the second-best shooter on the team, behind only Cam Johnson. Also, he is not bad defensively. He actually plays pretty good defense, but he is even smaller than Crowder.

Bojan is a little taller than Jae but doesn't have Jae's width or strength. Bojan gives up about 10 pounds to Jae.

Bojan would make this team very hard to guard offensively. I just don’t know if the team can afford to lose anymore defense. He is only slightly worse at rebounding but I would rather be shoring it up not making a lateral there.

This seems like a desperation move because we missed out on so many deals trying to get KG.

Depending on the price, I think Bojan is as good of a replacement as the Suns can get. Remember that Jae wants out, at least that's how it appears on social media. He's too much of a pro to make real waves by demanding a trade in the media and he's not a star so it's unlikely that would help him much. He knows he's been shopped.

We were a good to great defensive team last season and losing Jae will effect it negatively but not enough to make us an average or poor defensive team. The team can take a hit on the defensive end when they'd be upgrading their offense as much as a move like this would make.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were a good to great defensive team last season and losing Jae will effect it negatively but not enough to make us an average or poor defensive team. The team can take a hit on the defensive end when they'd be upgrading their offense as much as a move like this would make.
It's not just about losing Jae though. We also lost McGee. Losing both of them is a pretty big hit defensively and you are losing a ton of toughness. That toughness factor is an X-factor IMO. It's something the Suns teams have lacked for a very long time. Jae and McGee have that edge you can't teach. It's going to be missed if we lose both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a lot easier to trade for Clarkson than it is for Bogdanovic not that the Suns want to go this direction.

Bojan makes about another $10 million in salary.

The Heat or another team might be interested in Crowder.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Danilo Gallinari’s injury is worse than originally thought; tore his acl along with the meniscus.

He’s already had one ACL tear in the same knee.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't looked at his game closely, but everyone so far except you has said his defense is bad. So you have some 'splainin' to do.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bojan is more of a sf than a pf. In order to make salaries match you have to trade Jae and one of Shamet or Saric. If you trade Jae and Saric, it makes us really thin for pf's (as in no real pf on the roster), if you trade Jae and Shamet, we are thin at guard (no real back up sg).

With the needs of this team, it would make much more sense to trade for Clarkson. He can create his own shot, is more of a combo guard, and his salary is easier to match. Shamet, Craig and a pick for Clarkson makes this team better and more dangerous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bojan is a little taller than Jae but doesn't have Jae's width or strength. Bojan gives up about 10 pounds to Jae.

Depending on the price, I think Bojan is as good of a replacement as the Suns can get. Remember that Jae wants out, at least that's how it appears on social media. He's too much of a pro to make real waves by demanding a trade in the media and he's not a star so it's unlikely that would help him much. He knows he's been shopped.

Losing both Jae and McGee would make us significantly worse on D, IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not just about losing Jae though. We also lost McGee. Losing both of them is a pretty big hit defensively and you are losing a ton of toughness. That toughness factor is an X-factor IMO. It's something the Suns teams have lacked for a very long time. Jae and McGee have that edge you can't teach. It's going to be missed if we lose both.
Borg… but longer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose