NBA Free Agency and Trades 2022

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that’s a great trade for Minny. They didn’t have to give up DLO, AntMan or KAT.

KAT gets to roam the perimeter and Gobert can man the middle. I think Utah screwed Rudy over the way they used him.
I respect Minnesota for zigging when everyone is zagging. You can't compete with the switchy wing teams so just try to dominate the paint and out muscle your opponent.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People on twitter were calling Gobert, Baguette Biyombo. LOL!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I respect Minnesota for zigging when everyone is zagging. You can't compete with the switchy wing teams so just try to dominate the paint and out muscle your opponent.
I don't. They just crippled their future for Rudy freaking Gobert.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But they flat out ignore him on offense. There are so many videos of him being wide open and Mitchell just refusing to pass to him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One, CP is an outlier.

Two, you're talking about giving up our draft rights for the next 7 years, for two years of high end play from Kevin durant.

Will CP be playing well in two years? I'd say probably not.

So we're giving up our draft for the next 7 years, for a title window of 1 year? If CP isn't already shot?

Is this wise?
No I'm not. We give up more than 2 first rounders and I am not happy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But they flat out ignore him on offense. There are so many videos of him being wide open and Mitchell just refusing to pass to him.
Because he is the worst interior scorer of any big man - BY FAR.

Look up the stats, he is a horrible finisher.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No I'm not. We give up more than 2 first rounders and I am not happy.
I didn't mean you in particular per se. I meant the current trade proposal as discussed has us giving up our first round draft rights for the next 7 years.

I'm totally down with giving up 2 firsts. I'd even do 3 firsts. But for 7 years worth of firsts, I think we'd be better off trying to acquire a younger star. That trade package could land just about anyone.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumors Ainge is cleaning house and Spida is next out the door

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WTF
What does Utah have that would possibly be of use to Phoenix? Clarkson, maybe?

I suppose it would be theoretically possible if a Durant trade falls through, or doesn't take Ayton, or some kind of three team thing.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does Utah have that would possibly be of use to Phoenix? Clarkson, maybe?

I suppose it would be theoretically possible if a Durant trade falls through, or doesn't take Ayton, or some kind of three team thing.
Bogdonavich and Clarkson, salaries more or less work too.

I really like both those guys, to me they were the Jazz's best players actually. Mitchell is sometimes, but other times he loses games for you.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get Vanderbilt from the Jazz. He is a good defender and rebounder. He plays power forward.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brogdon to Boston makes perfect sense for them excellent defender fits their system perfectly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donte DiVincenzo to the Warriors. He should be a good fit. I kind of wanted him for Phoenix.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big downgrade from Gary Payton is the way you have to look at it.

They have different strengths but I don't know if I would call it a down grade. If DiVincenzo can get his outside shooting more consistent he will be a pretty dang good combo guard to have coming off your bench.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have different strengths but I don't know if I would call it a down grade. If DiVincenzo can get his outside shooting more consistent he will be a pretty dang good combo guard to have coming off your bench.
Look at the advanced stats.

Divencenzo is a way below avg player. I know I didn't think that was the case till I looked them up myself.

Gary Payton on the other hand is an incredibly efficent player. It's not even close, Gary Payton is way way better.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at the advanced stats.

Divencenzo is a way below avg player. I know I didn't think that was the case till I looked them up myself.

Gary Payton on the other hand is an incredibly efficent player. It's not even close, Gary Payton is way way better.

I think the environment the players were in played a factor. I think Payton will find life tougher in Portland, less open lanes, less open looks and less guys feeding him easy dunks.

I think Divencenzo will show himself a better and more versatile offensive player, while Payton is unquestionably better defensively.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the environment the players were in played a factor. I think Payton will find life tougher in Portland, less open lanes, less open looks and less guys feeding him easy dunks.

I think Divencenzo will show himself a better and more versatile offensive player, while Payton is unquestionably better defensively.
Maybe a little, but Millwaukee is a good environment, and he underperformed there.

Combine bad performance with a bad injury history, and I am glad Suns did not sign him.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
One, CP is an outlier.

Two, you're talking about giving up our draft rights for the next 7 years, for two years of high end play from Kevin durant.

Will CP be playing well in two years? I'd say probably not.

So we're giving up our draft for the next 7 years, for a title window of 1 year? If CP isn't already shot?

Is this wise?
Well, it depends. If your plan is to tank in three years then it is not wise. If you plan to do things via free agency and trades, then it probably doesn't matter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, it depends. If your plan is to tank in three years then it is not wise. If you plan to do things via free agency and trades, then it probably doesn't matter.
I will say if we at least have Booker, Cam J and Mikal for the next 5 to 6 years I feel much better about not having picks.

But the Suns have to find some undrafted gems.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will say if we at least have Booker, Cam J and Mikal for the next 5 to 6 years I feel much better about not having picks.

But the Suns have to find some undrafted gems.

They should treat 2nd round picks like gold and try to pick them up whenever the opportunity presents itself.