NBA Draft: Thursday, June 22, 2023; Suns are scheduled to select at #52.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which screws the team that has pick swaps with us. I watched the PHNX podcast and they were pointing out these problems with pick swaps in the CBA. I think you will see some adjusting on that language.

You can't tell me they didn't foresee this potential issue?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
But doesn't that somewhat add to the negative of being over the 2nd apron? It means your first round picks become less valuable in trades, but of course it shouldn't be applied to pick swaps that were in place before the new CBA was dropped.

Or they could simply add to the language that the pick will go to the end of the round unless it was traded or agreed to swap prior to going to the end of the round.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Question about pick swaps. If say the next few agreed upon pick swaps don't swap due to Brooklyn having a worse record than us do they push to future years or are they dead once that agreed upon year passes?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Question about pick swaps. If say the next few agreed upon pick swaps don't swap due to Brooklyn having a worse record than us do they push to future years or are they dead once that agreed upon year passes?
My question is this! Who has the rights to the swaps? Just Brooklyn? IF we could enforce them, our pick goes to 32, their pick would be likely in the twenties, "Hello Brooklyn, we want to do that pick swap this year!" :lol: It CAN'T work like that. If it did, Ishbia is a genius!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But doesn't that somewhat add to the negative of being over the 2nd apron? It means your first round picks become less valuable in trades, but of course it shouldn't be applied to pick swaps that were in place before the new CBA was dropped.

Or they could simply add to the language that the pick will go to the end of the round unless it was traded or agreed to swap prior to going to the end of the round.
Don't change it. Let everyone get screwed equally.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. Its just an option.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My question is this! Who has the rights to the swaps? Just Brooklyn? IF we could enforce them, our pick goes to 32, their pick would be likely in the twenties, "Hello Brooklyn, we want to do that pick swap this year!" :lol: It CAN'T work like that. If it did, Ishbia is a genius!!!
The team that we gave the swap options to has the choice. They can keep their own pick or swap with ours. So the answer is just Brooklyn.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It doesn't apply to teams under the 2nd apron, meaning if the Suns pick would be 22 and it gets traded it stays 22, other wise if the suns keep it, it would be at the end of the round. Same if it's swapped.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't. Moving it's position only happens if the team that holds it is above the 2nd Apron.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have to be a UCLA fan to love this. Jaylen Clark reacting to being drafted in the 2nd round. He can't workout as he's recovering from an achilles injury so he really took a risk in going pro and staying in the draft but got rewarded 2nd round to Minnesota.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Gotta love the energy there. Go get it J Rock.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spurs legends took Wemby out for dinner the day after the draft.

Duncan, Robinson, Manu, and Sean Elliot. Theyre lucky to have a rich history of quality players, on and off the court, who can help guide Wemby. Surprised Tony Parker wasn't also there as a Spurs legend and fellow Frenchman.

It's crazy how much bigger Wemby is standing next to 2 legit 7 footers as well. Kid is gigantic.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Duncan, Robinson, Manu, and Sean Elliot. Theyre lucky to have a rich history of quality players, on and off the court, who can help guide Wemby. Surprised Tony Parker wasn't also there as a Spurs legend and fellow Frenchman.

It's crazy how much bigger Wemby is standing next to 2 legit 7 footers as well. Kid is gigantic.

I didn't realize Sean Elliott was seven feet tall. He was only listed at 6-8 or so when he played. :D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He makes Robinson look like he’s a small forward.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose