NBA All-Star Weekend thread 2022

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does Robert Parish look younger than when he played?

Carmelo and AD have no business being on that team

Jordan got a bigger response than Lebron
Agreed.

Why the hell was Tracey Mcgrady not on it either. At his best he was 95% the player Kobe was.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steph smells blood after hearing about CP3. Golden St coming for the 1-seed.
I really think GS is smart enough to not care about the 1 seed, they just want to make sure they keep 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think GS is smart enough to not care about the 1 seed, they just want to make sure they keep 2.
GS doesn’t want to play the Grizz in Round 2 and a possibly healthy Suns in Round 3.

They’ve also got major new pieces to integrate into this team with Wisemen and Green coming back. I think they’d want to play together just to get chemistry with so many moving pieces having not played together. If we falter out of the gate of the break, I think they could definitely go for the 1 seed.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GS doesn’t want to play the Grizz in Round 2 and a possibly healthy Suns in Round 3.

They’ve also got major new pieces to integrate into this team with Wisemen and Green coming back. I think they’d want to play together just to get chemistry with so many moving pieces having not played together. If we falter out of the gate of the break, I think they could definitely go for the 1 seed.
Ok, let me rephrase this.

GS does not really believe they can get the number 1 spot. Sure they are going to try to win, but making up 7 games with our schedule difficulty is extreemly unlikely.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase this.

GS does not really believe they can get the number 1 spot. Sure they are going to try to win, but making up 7 games with our schedule difficulty is extreemly unlikely.
Yeah... I think it all depends on how we come out after the break. We do have a cushy schedule... but that was with a CP3 lead juggernaut. Just don’t know what this team will be now without him.

I don’t expect days of Igor. But I don’t know how big the drop off will be.

That said, if Draymond keeps missing a lot of time, the Warriors might not have the firepower needed for some big run and catch up to us.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah... I think it all depends on how we come out after the break. We do have a cushy schedule... but that was with a CP3 lead juggernaut. Just don’t know what this team will be now without him.

I don’t expect days of Igor. But I don’t know how big the drop off will be.

That said, if Draymond keeps missing a lot of time, the Warriors might not have the firepower needed for some big run and catch up to us.
The Warriors are 15-11 in their last 26 games. Based on current trends the Grizz who are 21-5 in their last 26 might be more likely to catch us. Fortunately we have a bigger lead on them.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i think less of Curry that he would take 30 shots in a game made up of all-stars and superstars who should all share the ball and the spotlight. didn't he get enough attention with his 3 point record a few weeks ago? i hope the rest of the league clamps down even harder on him the rest of this season -- and let Klay load up instead

also, the all-star game defense has always been bad, understandably -- but this time it was it was a mockery of the game -- especially on drives. if that's the way it's got to be, i'd prefer they didn't play the game at all -- and do something else

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i think less of Curry that he would take 30 shots in a game made up of all-stars and superstars who should all share the ball and the spotlight. didn't he get enough attention with his 3 point record a few weeks ago? i hope the rest of the league clamps down even harder on him the rest of this season -- and let Klay load up instead

also, the all-star game defense has always been bad, understandably -- but this time it was it was a mockery of the game -- especially on drives. if that's the way it's got to be, i'd prefer they didn't play the game at all -- and do something else
I mean I know he took a lot of shots but the guy made 16 threes lol. At one point, he was 16/22. He tried to break the record at the end but his teammates were looking for him…..it’s not like he hogged the ball for entire possessions. And yeah the defense left a lot to be desired. 5 guys legit played hard: Giannis, Book, Jarrett Allen, Dejounte Murray, Joel Embiid. The fact that each quarter was within 3 points with no defense….I’m just saying they’re have been far worse games. Look at the Pro Bowl lol

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i give Curry credit for the distance he was making some of those shots, but a lot of those all-stars would have had a monster stat if they took 30 shots (16 3's) given 36 minutes and a generous defense. no excuse for a vet like him -- with 3 rings and the most 3's in NBA history last month. let some of the newer, younger guys shine a little. forget him and his mouthpiece sucking face

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
i give Curry credit for the distance he was making some of those shots, but a lot of those all-stars would have had a monster stat if they took 30 shots (16 3's) given 36 minutes and a generous defense. no excuse for a vet like him -- with 3 rings and the most 3's in NBA history last month. let some of the newer, younger guys shine a little. forget him and his mouthpiece sucking face
He got 30 shots because he was on fire and his teammates knew it. They were intentionally feeding him when they had opportunities to score themselves. This was not a moment of being selfish or a ball hog in my opinion.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Boy hasn't Aaron Holiday fallen into a sweet spot? Gets traded from a tanking team to a contending team, now is going to get lots of minutes with a good coach and excellent players all around. This is a career making opportunity. We will see what he is really mad of.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put in wrong thread.

ON Steph you also have to remember the charity implications of him winning MVP. Because of the rules he raised 108K, 1000 for every point(50), 3000 for every 3 made(16) and 10K for MVP.

So he had a vested financial interest in it too. And remember, he was born in Akron Ohio

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Curry had already asked, "what was the all-star points record?" before the 2nd half
2. every all-star had a deserving charity and the same incentive. and they're all stars with an ego to feed. common courtesy and mutual respect. when it's for fun and charity, all of your teammates should eat -- not run up and down the court to serve it up on a platter for the glory of 8 time all-star Stephen freakin Curry!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Curry had already asked, "what was the all-star points record?" before the 2nd half
2. every all-star had a deserving charity and the same incentive. and they're all stars with an ego to feed. common courtesy and mutual respect. when it's for fun and charity, all of your teammates should eat -- not run up and down the court to serve it up on a platter for the glory of 8 time all-star Stephen freakin Curry!
So to consolidate and condense all your posts on this subject, you've got some hatin' to do and by all that's holy you're going to do it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure but of the guys in the game who else but Curry was going to make 48K in charity money from hitting those 3's? Maybe Young, lots of great players there but very few who were going to be able to make 16 threes

I would add the fact that the Cleveland crowd was booing Steph probably encouraged him to try and put up more points

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure but of the guys in the game who else but Curry was going to make 48K in charity money from hitting those 3's? Maybe Young, lots of great players there but very few who were going to be able to make 16 threes

I would add the fact that the Cleveland crowd was booing Steph probably encouraged him to try and put up more points

Steph Curry played great in the All-Star game. He made some unbelievable 3-point shots.

There are always those looking for reasons to criticize. I'd ignore it.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the only other player to take more shots in an all-star game was Anthony Davis who scored 52 -- no rocket science -- that's what happens if you're determined to shoot instead of pass to another all-star. but nobody mentioned that Curry was kinda greedy because the NBA loves the profitability of star-building and star-struck fans love to worship

i gave him credit for the long shots but made a simple point about him taking too many -- anyone could have agreed with that or said nothing -- but no, i'm just "hating' and should be "ignored"

apparently i'm not the only one "looking for reasons to criticize", huh?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How dare someone disagree with your take! We should make a rule that everyone must agree. That follows the same sentiments of every one gets an equal numbed of shots.

Don't post an opinion if you can't handle discussing it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sure Curry is a great guy off the court, but his shimmy and celebrations make him the most punchable face in basketball, after Grayson Allen. I am surprised it has not happened.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure Curry is a great guy off the court, but his shimmy and celebrations make him the most punchable face in basketball, after Grayson Allen. I am surprised it has not happened.
I come across this often but it's usually about Booker. I pay no attention to it regardless of who it's about. Wake me when either of them starts playing dirty and then I'll put them in the most punchable category (like Allen, Beverley and so many others).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave