NBA All-Star Weekend thread 2022

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wanted to post this here as well. Chris Paul is the initial recipient of Kobe & Gigi Bryant WNBA Advocacy Award.

It will be presented at the All-Star game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

By WNBA:

NEW YORK, Feb. 20, 2022 Today, the WNBA announced that Phoenix Suns’ 12-time All-Star guard Chris Paul has been named the inaugural recipient of the Kobe & Gigi Bryant WNBA Advocacy Award for his significant contributions to the advancement of girls’ and women’s basketball, and advocacy for the WNBA. The WNBA and Vanessa Bryant will present Paul the award at NBA All-Star 2022 in Cleveland during Sunday’s game.

Why? Not saying he doesn't deserve it, just wondering what he is doing for women's basketball that merits this award. I am sure he is doing something behind the scenes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Not saying he doesn't deserve it, just wondering what he is doing for women's basketball that merits this award. I am sure he is doing something behind the scenes.

In the WNBA release it goes on to say:

A devoted fan of the WNBA and the Phoenix Mercury, Paul has consistently demonstrated a unique level of support, attending games throughout the regular season and playoffs while also using his public platforms to highlight the on-court successes and stories of WNBA players as well as their leadership in the community through their fight for social justice. During WNBA tentpole events such as WNBA Draft and All-Star, he can be found showing his support for rookies entering the league and WNBA veterans. He also supports the youth girls’ game through camps and the CP3 Basketball Academy, with a mission of using basketball to enhance young athletes’ aspirations, disciplines and life skills. Prior to the start of the WNBA’s historic 25th season, Paul was among several NBA stars that donned a WNBA player’s jersey to amplify the historic significance of the moment. Additionally, Paul teamed up with Suns center Deandre Ayton to support the Mercury’s recent WNBA Finals playoff run.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the WNBA release it goes on to say:

A devoted fan of the WNBA and the Phoenix Mercury, Paul has consistently demonstrated a unique level of support, attending games throughout the regular season and playoffs while also using his public platforms to highlight the on-court successes and stories of WNBA players as well as their leadership in the community through their fight for social justice. During WNBA tentpole events such as WNBA Draft and All-Star, he can be found showing his support for rookies entering the league and WNBA veterans. He also supports the youth girls’ game through camps and the CP3 Basketball Academy, with a mission of using basketball to enhance young athletes’ aspirations, disciplines and life skills. Prior to the start of the WNBA’s historic 25th season, Paul was among several NBA stars that donned a WNBA player’s jersey to amplify the historic significance of the moment. Additionally, Paul teamed up with Suns center Deandre Ayton to support the Mercury’s recent WNBA Finals playoff run.

Cool. Thanks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donovan Mitchell will miss tonight's game. Get Mikal Bridges on a plane stat.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I recall CP3 buying up a lot of Mercury tickets during their playoff run last year and giving them away to help ensure a packed house. I know that's not a lot, I'm sure others have done similar but I believe he bought over 500 tickets per game on his own. His advocacy for the Mercury in such a short time in the valley has been big.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's pretty cool just to hear Mikal as a realistic injury replacement for the All-Star team. I think he'll make it at some point in the future. Same goes for Cam J and Ayton.

If we keep those guys, that's 4 young all-star level players we have for our core. Payne could even make one if he takes another step.

Really hope we keep these guys together.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if it’s awkward for Kenny Smith at these events. I don’t think he was all star and not part of 75 greatest as he works with Shaq and Barkley.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty Williams with Chris Paul and Devin Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard Chris Paul has a right thumb fracture per announcement from All-Star game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team Lebron announced with Monty Williams as head coach. Chris Paul announced as well.

Devin Booker is on team Durant.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best all star MVP bets are Devin Booker at +2600 so $20 to win $540 and Luka Doncic at +1000 so $20 to win $220

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul will make a brief appearance tonight. It's more symbolic.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If these reports are true it's possible Paul misses the rest of the season and round 1. Figure add a week to get up to basketball shape

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Switching over to TBS the A team is over there. Charles, Shaq, Kenny and Ernie calling the game

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson