NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Jabari Walker for getting picked in the 2nd round that kid improved so much during his time in college it would not surprise me at all if he winds up finding a spot

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We pretty much expected he wouldn't get picked I think he was just done with college. Ben Bolch did a story on him and how hard he worked out while at UCLA. after practice he'd drive across town and do private workouts for hours. Very smart kid so he can always go back and finish up he was determined to get to the NBA or at least try.

Shot is too flat for a shooter he's not a good enough 3 point shooter, he's not laterally quick enough so his defense is iffy, and he doesn't get enough FTA's, takes far too many difficult shots. If he's going to stick in the NBA he has to improve his 3 point shot. But man was he on a roll 2 years ago getting us to the final 4

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol,
Baldwin Looks like if Klay Thompson and Livingston made a baby.

Could be a real steal…can really shoot.

I'm not real high on him very unathletic but my guess is he'll have ankle surgery and rehab the whole year he's been hurt for most of 2 years now. Has good mechanics he's sort of a skinnier Porter Jr but less athletic

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones not bringing in undrafted free agents after the draft concluded is disappointing. The same with not buying a draft pick.

Better believe the Heat and a number of teams are.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knicks now have 22 picks in the next seven years. They can put together a pretty good package

Kyrie going to the Knicks BOOK IT.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
James Jones not bringing in undrafted free agents after the draft concluded is disappointing. The same with not buying a draft pick.

Even the scrubs he brings in have to be experienced.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's completely predictable.

His hate for rookies is just incompatiable with the GM position and will eventually lead to him being fired.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's completely predictable.

His hate for rookies is just incompatiable with the GM position and will eventually lead to him being fired.

Especially since he used the Heat as an example. They are very active in scouting.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
The Heat loved Stix during the pre-draft. That would have been a great spot for him at #20. Bulter would have been his drill Sargent.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
The Heat loved Stix during the pre-draft. That would have been a great spot for him at #20
Even the scrubs he brings in have to be experienced.
Got to be Experienced at being a scrub.
This is hilarious.
My sides hurt.
Lord please forgive me.

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think SA will be on Jalen Smith in FA, supposedly PHX picked Smith because rumor was SA was going to take him a couple of picks later.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never seen it spelled out about how the Kings are so often 1 pick off.

2011 Pick Jimmer Fredette at 10, Klay Thompson is #11
2012 Thomas Robinson picked at 5 Damian Lillard picked 6th
2018 Marvin Bagley picked 2nd, Luka Doncic picked 3rd.

History says Jaden Ivey will be great and Keegan Murray will not.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never seen it spelled out about how the Kings are so often 1 pick off.

2011 Pick Jimmer Fredette at 10, Klay Thompson is #11
2012 Thomas Robinson picked at 5 Damian Lillard picked 6th
2018 Marvin Bagley picked 2nd, Luka Doncic picked 3rd.

History says Jaden Ivey will be great and Keegan Murray will not.

I was big on Murray... poor kid. Now he is stuck being coached by Mike Brown.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand the frustration with Jones. But if he nets us KD, all is forgiven.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was big on Murray... poor kid. Now he is stuck being coached by Mike Brown.

he's a good scorer maybe Brown will teach him to play defense. He's hard for me to project he's kind of awkward on offense has a weird body lean makes lots of moves that look bad but somehow gets the ball in. If that works in the NBA great, but I preferred Ivey but hopefully it works out for them

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I think it's more about being cheap or closed minded.
Exactly. People need to stop pretending that even though we improved manifestly over the last couple years, that JJ is some kind of Yoda of basketball wisdom or something and every decision he makes is somehow going to be ultimately proven to be brilliant. History has shown that he has made probably as many or more questionable decisions as good. I don't believe all of the bad ones are strictly on him - many are more likely on the awful owner. But some have definitely been on JJ, and some of the good ones have been more good fortune and happenstance.

At the end of the day, I believe that JJ is probably a little bit above average as a GM... and I would say probably the same for Monty as a coach. They have both benefited from a confluence of circumstances that have been in the Suns favor, and they have contributed to the Suns recent fortunes in some positive and some negative ways. More positive than negative, but let's not act like either of them are infallible.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he's a good scorer maybe Brown will teach him to play defense.

He was a pretty good defender too, he did something of everything. I really liked him.

I don't think Brown will teach him much of anything. Brown is a lousy coach who's entire reputation stems from coaching LeBron in a watered down East over decade ago.

Brown is lucky the Kings had already hired him before Kerr got sick in the playoffs and Brown got to remind everyone how bad he is at the job, especially in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was a pretty good defender too, he did something of everything. I really liked him.

I don't think Brown will teach him much of anything. Brown is a lousy coach who's entire reputation stems from coaching LeBron in a watered down East a over decade ago.

Brown is lucky the Kings had already hired him before Kerr got sick in the playoffs and Brown got to remind everyone how bad he is at the job, especially in the playoffs.

Brown is a defensive coach he's the one that was responsible for coaching the Warriors on defense. I'm not immediately finding it but Brown was something like 18-1 in the playoffs as the Warriors coach. The one loss was that massive blowout to the Grizzlies.

Not saying he's a great coach but I don't think he's a bad one either. But Sacramento is a terrible job so it's quite likely he'll get fired just like all the other coaches did

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brown is a defensive coach he's the one that was responsible for coaching the Warriors on defense. I'm not immediately finding it but Brown was something like 18-1 in the playoffs as the Warriors coach. The one loss was that massive blowout to the Grizzlies.

Not saying he's a great coach but I don't think he's a bad one either. But Sacramento is a terrible job so it's quite likely he'll get fired just like all the other coaches did

A salamander could have coached that 2017 team to a title.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A salamander could have coached that 2017 team to a title.

Agreed. I am just saying I don't think he's as bad as people think.

But I fully expect him to be fired before his contract is up, the Kings are just a terrible job.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. I am just saying I don't think he's as bad as people think.

But I fully expect him to be fired before his contract is up, the Kings are just a terrible job.

That is true. Their owner is absolutely awful.

As lousy as Sarver is, his fault is mostly being cheap. Ranadive is some combination of crazy and stupid and he is extremely meddlesome.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is true. Their owner is absolutely awful.

As lousy as Sarver is, his fault is mostly being cheap. Ranadive is some combination of crazy and stupid and he is extremely meddlesome.

Yep Ranadive thinks he's more than the owner.

We are in Sac quite often(pre pandemic) so it would be nice for them to be good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently no undrafted free agents were worth pursuing either.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose