NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s the best young PG in the NBA you do whatever you can to get him
Best young PG? He's talented but he's inefficient and misses a lot of games even if you ignore the entire season he missed for an ACL.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If Murray is available, the Suns should be all over that. Whether it is for Ayton, or if we just trade a boatload of future firsts, Murray is a guy I would jump at the chance to get.
I don't buy that rumor.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Best young PG? He's talented but he's inefficient and misses a lot of games even if you ignore the entire season he missed for an ACL.

Yeah I stand by it.

His stats are crazy
21.1PPG
9.2APG
8.3RPG
2.0SPG

On 46% from the field same as Book.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy that rumor.
I don't know what to make of it. Collins is flawed but even still I'd take him over Murray plus Atlanta already has a PG in place with Trae Young. Murray plays pretty well for the Spurs, if they are really considering moving him they either must be worried about that knee or Murray's next contract.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the Dejounte Murray trade talks are accurate. Ayton should have more value than Collins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I stand by it.

His stats are crazy
21.1PPG
9.2APG
8.3RPG
2.0SPG

On 46% from the field same as Book.
Career TS% of .572 for Booker, .515 for Murray. That's a significant difference. And again, look at the games he's missed. Murray is a month and a half older than Devin so it's not like he's a kid either.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like the Dejounte Murray trade talks are accurate. Ayton should have more value than Collins.

Alex Kennedy has never been right about anything.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think Keegan Murray is going to be a stud.

I also think Holmgren is going to be a total disaster.

Murray and Ivey are probably my two favorite players in this draft.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think the Suns are trying to get a late first or early 2nd to take Jaylin Williams out of Arkansas, especially if we lose Ayton. He looks like the type of big man the Suns want. Great effort, great passer for s big man, nice touch around the rim and takes a lot of charges.

Detroit just picked up the #36 from Portland... I know it's improbable that the Pistons draft for the Suns but maybe the lines of communication are open. #5 Keegan Murray, #36 Jaylin Williams + filler for Ayton?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really think the Suns are trying to get a late first or early 2nd to take Jaylin Williams out of Arkansas, especially if we lose Ayton. He looks like the type of big man the Suns want. Great effort, great passer for s big man, nice touch around the rim and takes a lot of charges.

Detroit just picked up the #36 from Portland... I know it's improbable that the Pistons draft for the Suns but maybe the lines of communication are open. #5 Keegan Murray, #36 Jaylin Williams + filler for Ayton?
That would be interesting if we could pull it off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Intriguing. I haven't really studied the draft but it seems deep.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if we can get value for him

Crowder's value is mostly filler in a trade for another player.

Of course teams seem lined up to sign PJ Tucker although I'm not saying they are equivalent. However, they are the same type of player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paola Banchero now favored to go number 1 overall?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Massive bust.
I wouldn't take him first in this draft but I don't see "massive bust". I worry that even Coach K couldn't get him to give full intensity consistently but IMO he has too many gifts to be a massive bust. He should have a fairly long NBA career and if he ever decides he wants to be more than a Boris Diaw level player, he could end up being very special.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The draft order of players is firming up among the top three.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ivey is a lock at #4 too.

The problem is we do not know if the Pistons want to do a sign-and-trade or instead, do an offer sheet for Ayton.

It does seem the Suns like Ivey.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is we do not know if the Pistons want to do a sign-and-trade or instead, do an offer sheet for Ayton.

It does seem the Suns like Ivey.
Sac is #4. I think they take Ivey or draft him to trade him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paola Banchero now favored to go number 1 overall?

I may be wrong, I often am, but I'm not all that high on Banchero. I think he has a lower floor than say Holmgren, he already has an NBA body, Chet not even close, but I don't think his ceiling is all that high. I think he'll be good but the odds of him being the best player from this draft I think are not that great. good not great athlete. Shot 34% from 3, shot is not broken but he's NOT a knockdown shooter. The one thing he does really well given his size and position IMO is pass the ball, 3.2 assists as a primary scoring option in college is good. He apparently didn't attend the combine so we don't have his height and reach measurements?

I don't think he'll be a bust but I think the odds of him being a star are lower than you want for the first overall pick he's not an explosive athlete, he's not a great shooter, he wasn't a great rebounder in college, although he played with another first round pick on the frontline.

Safe pick but probably not a great pick IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose