NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA Draft is scheduled for Thursday, June 23rd at 7:30 ET.

It will be located at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The draft will be televised on ABC and ESPN. The second round will also be carried on ESPN.

While the Suns presently do not have any draft picks, they have worked out a number of prospects so it's conceivable they could acquire a pick via a trade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a few links to some NBA mock drafts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four teams are in talks with the Kings about moving up to #4 for Jaden Ivey.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I predict that within four years, every other player in the NBA will be named either "Jaden" or "Jalen."

It's going to be hell for the coaches. "Hey Jaden, get over here. No, not you, Jaden... the other Jaden. No not you either, the other one. Yeah, you..."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Sacramento should consider keeping Ivey.

It's been reported he prefers not to be drafted by the Kings but IMO, if you view him as BPA, you draft him and work it out later.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps Sacramento should consider keeping Ivey.

The kings are bad at developing the players they draft. I'd look to get a more solidified player with the cast that they have now after this years trades.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets are reportedly getting a lot of interest if they trade Monte Harris. I doubt they would trade him to the Suns. He would make a nice backup point guard. With Jamal Murray returning and Bones Hyland, Harris could be expendable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers, Knicks, Thunder and Hawks are trying to move up for the Kings 4th pick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Throw the Grizz in the mix

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Pacers, Knicks, Thunder and Hawks are trying to move up for the Kings 4th pick.

Interesting. I really thought this was the three PF draft. But seems like a lot of teams really like Ivey.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I really thought this was the three PF draft. But seems like a lot of teams really like Ivey.

Lots of interest in Ivey for sure. Gotta go with the BPA. Hopefully the Suns learned that lesson.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of interest in Ivey for sure. Gotta go with the BPA. Hopefully the Suns learned that lesson.
When you're dealing with 18 to 21 year olds, there's really no such thing. You want the best prospect available, not necessarily the best player. With all the one and dones, getting the player who is actually best right now is often the wrong move in basketball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you're dealing with 18 to 21 year olds, there's really no such thing. You want the best prospect available, not necessarily the best player. With all the one and dones, getting the player who is actually best right now is often the wrong move in basketball.

Let's not quibble over words. I'm looking at the best player where a team drafts.

When I look at a player prospect, I not only look at the player now but whether his skills will project on the NBA level.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's not quibble over words. I'm looking at the best player where a team drafts.

When I look at a player prospect, I not only look at the player now but whether his skills will project on the NBA level.
Okay but just saying BPA doesn't convey that message (to me). Anyway, IMO the best way to draft varies from draft to draft, team to team. But some things are constants. Never draft solely on need, never ignore fit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay but just saying BPA doesn't convey that message (to me). Anyway, IMO the best way to draft varies from draft to draft, team to team. Never draft solely on need, never ignore fit.

Simply for me, BPA means the best prospect left on the draft board based upon, skill, talent and age. There are a myriad of other factors involved. Of course projection is a part of the equation as well.

As an example, I don't think anyone thought Haliburton won drop to the Suns at #10... that's sort of what I mean.

Tankathon does a fairly good job of analyzing the stats and there are some good scouting videos on YouTube as well.

If Jaden Ivey is as good as some say (I haven't watched video of him) there is a strong argument to be made for them to stay put and draft him even though they have several good guards. I understand the Kings want to move on but their strength has been drafting guards. It should start to pay off.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking like the Pacers will secure two lottery picks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knicks considering offering the 11th pick for Brogdon.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damnit!
I didn't want to have to care about the draft this year.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose