NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kemba, Ivey and Duren might be the deal for DA.

I don't actually hate that - maybe, but I would much rather have Durant.
What's the Kemba connection? And I'd take Ivey and Duren in a heartbeat.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's the Kemba connection? And I'd take Ivey and Duren in a heartbeat.

I don’t see us trading for any picks. James Jones just said this week we aren’t in the business of developing talent we are in win now mode

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To make it work salary wise, give us a backup, and he only has 9 million left on his deal.
Like I said, I'd jump on it but from what Woj is saying right now, Duren was a guy they really wanted and they even considered taking him at 5. So I think it's just wishful thinking for us. Unfortunately.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Did Charlotte offload Hayward in that trade?
The Detroit Pistons have officially parted ways with Jerami Grant. Last night, Troy Weaver and the Pistons traded Grant to the Portland Trail Blazers for the No. 36 pick in this year’s draft and a 2025 1st-round selection. The news was first broken by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Ivey/Duren would be as good of a haul as we could get for an Ayton sign and trade.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t see us trading for any picks. James Jones just said this week we aren’t in the business of developing talent we are in win now mode
Their actions say different. The Suns have a handful of players they like throughout the draft. They have a small draft board.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still hoping we can snag EJ Liddell and/or Jaylin Williams.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said, I'd jump on it but from what Woj is saying right now, Duren was a guy they really wanted and they even considered taking him at 5. So I think it's just wishful thinking for us. Unfortunately.
If that's true, would that mean they are no longer interested in DA?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Acquiring two guys in the draft to get Ayton means they would have to want Ayton a LOT! Seems like you would keep those two young pieces for that young team instead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't believe I didn't know Malika Andrews and Kendra Andrews were sisters. And I knew Malika was from Oakland but never made the connection.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns were high on Eason. The Rockets might be interesting to watch if they have interest in Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of players changing teams in the draft.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
can't believe I didn't know Malika Andrews and Kendra Andrews were sisters. And I knew Malika was from Oakland but never made the connection.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's true, would that mean they are no longer interested in DA?
I guess. With this draft I think they have a pretty interesting nucleus now although they are still probably a couple years away from being a playoff team. Ayton might speed that up by a year but not sure they'd want to pay him the max and lose a few assets at the same time. I can see them making a max offer and waiting to see if we match.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave