NBA 2022 Draft and Related Trades

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worst kept secret around was that the Warriors liked Baldwin. I mean for months, during the Denver series the local guys were talking about Porter Jr and saying Baldwin reminded them of Porter Jr both in size and playing style and how he'd been hurt so much in college.

I suspect they see it much the way they saw Looney they knew he was going to need surgery and time off but they were willing to wait.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Elite player development by Mick: @Russ Smith

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah said it earlier I don't get it he must have worked out well because his combine measurements weren't good, he had 1 inch more vert and reach than Juzang who's not considered athletic or long. He didn't play in the scrimmage. Showed he could play defense at UCLA but he was incredibly overmatched offensively, something around 30% at the rim this year for a guy his size is terrible.

Good kid I believe he'll work hard but I am amazed he moved up this much

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy on 247s UCLA site has been touting Watson all year, did a full first round projection today and had Watson at 30 to Denver. Not bad

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pacers are focused on Nemhard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not seeing Suns buying a second round pick....

Liddell looks like a potential Crowder replacement with more offensive upside. I saw him as high as 20 on some boards.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You played almost as many minutes as Watson did for ucla

yeah he just wasn't playable in most of the games. I've rewatched the UNC loss like 4 times his short stint there was perfect. Outlet pass ahead of the pack he doesn't catch it cleanly tries to dribble it and loses it out of bounds. Ok defense, had a nice rebound but looked completely overmatched, I think he played 3 minutes had a foul, a rebound, a turnover that they gave to someone else, and Mick yanked him because he looked completely overmatched.

I hope he does well good kid good family but he didn't earn more PT at UCLA and I'd be surprised if he plays much at all in the NBA next year he'll be in the G League much of the year IMO

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Koloko to Raptors. They get more athletic in Toronto. Imagine him and Siakim on the floor at the same time!

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn Thunder drafting Jaylin Williams... That's 4 rookies for them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes Jaylin Williams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers coming up at #35 with a pick they bought and traded a future 2nd rounder.