NAU @ Arizona 8/30/2013

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to see the QB play.. First game of season.. Ready to go..

HooverDam

Reaction score
Go Jacks!

Heavy dose of Bauman or whatever his name is, keep the ball out of UAs hands, just try to keep it close, maybe something crazy happens.

Someday NAU is going to upset ASU or UA, I just hope it happens when UA is holding the hot potato.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Its actually already happened in basketball to you 2-3 times since Herb got to ASU. Someone would really have to bottom out to lose to NAU. It's possible I guess but if it were to happen it likely would have been during or shortly after Marmie/Mackovic eras.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Jacks!

Heavy dose of Bauman or whatever his name is, keep the ball out of UAs hands, just try to keep it close, maybe something crazy happens.

Someday NAU is going to upset ASU or UA, I just hope it happens when UA is holding the hot potato.

Doesn't look like that'll be happening tonite..

HooverDam

Reaction score
Doesn't look like that'll be happening tonite..

indeed it does not. But NAU could still cover the spread maybe! (Which I think was 33?) But UA up 28-0 going into the 4th, thats seeming unlikely too.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.. That turned out pretty much as expected.. Started off a little shaky.. Of course there are things that need to be improved on .. QB play.. And the punter needs to be able to punt for more than 15 yards.. But, it was NAU, so the final result was expected..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Can't argue with a shutout, irrespective of the opponent. Would've been an even bigger blowout with Ka'Deem in there, but Jenkins is the forgotten man in the offense.

Denker is way too predictable. He's thinking run as soon as he gets the ball. After the first TD drive it seemed as though he lost faith in his arm and just kept the ball. Once PAC play begins, he's gonna have to start throwing the rock.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Once PAC play begins, he's gonna have to start throwing the rock.

Kid doesn't have an arm so don't expect much.

This team is going to pound the ball and not go as fast as last year's team to somewhat limit possession and turnovers. Playing to the roster.

Also keep in mind AZ looked absolutely horrid vs Toledo a season ago and then dropped 59 on Oklahoma State a week later. I personally think we're a 6-7 win team but let's give it a few weeks to see how the QB position comes together.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kid doesn't have an arm so don't expect much.

This team is going to pound the ball and not go as fast as last year's team to somewhat limit possession and turnovers. Playing to the roster.

Also keep in mind AZ looked absolutely horrid vs Toledo a season ago and then dropped 59 on Oklahoma State a week later. I personally think we're a 6-7 win team but let's give it a few weeks to see how the QB position comes together.

I agree and am not expecting much, but Friday was the day for him to try and air it out some with the game well in hand. He did have that nice sideline throw on the first drive. Also, I would've like to see Allen throw the rock to get a glimpse as to how he supplanted Scroggins on the depth chart.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Agreed on Allen. He could be a big threat in the running game with his size and speed but want to see him throw. Someone told me he likely would have been the starter if he had come into spring in shape and ready to go.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win. Not quite the margin ASU had when they beat NAU 63-6, but a W is a W.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These u of a game threads are fun :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson