Nash and Gortat trade to Boston?

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
It would turn my stomach to see us trade basically the only legit center the Suns have had in their entire history, to a team for someone we gave to them in the draft. Nevermind Nash being thrown in.

Also I couldn't see Rondo fitting in with what we have here, both in terms of attitude and playstyle.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It would turn my stomach to see us trade basically the only legit center the Suns have had in their entire history, to a team for someone we gave to them in the draft. Nevermind Nash being thrown in.

Also I couldn't see Rondo fitting in with what we have here, both in terms of attitude and playstyle.
I agree,trading Gortat would be ignorant. However,if Rondo was brought in as a piece of a future core that said we aren't going to get pushed around at the point of attack on defense anymore im all for it. Rondo is the anti-Suns type PG and IMO thats a good thing.

Rondo plus Gortat and the young Markieff plus younger athletic guys who can shoot the ball is a step in the right direction.

A much as i love Rondo's game, Gortat is too high a price. Its too bad Dragic got traded. I think he could have been effective here with Nashy gone.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I agree,trading Gortat would be ignorant. However,if Rondo was brought in as a piece of a future core that said we aren't going to get pushed around at the point of attack on defense anymore im all for it. Rondo is the anti-Suns type PG and IMO thats a good thing.

Rondo plus Gortat and the young Markieff plus younger athletic guys who can shoot the ball is a step in the right direction.

A much as i love Rondo's game, Gortat is too high a price. Its too bad Dragic got traded. I think he could have been effective here with Nashy gone.

I suppose trading Nash and Gortat would essentially be gutting the team, so I retract my comment about fitting into our playstyle. However I just envision Rondo acting up and/or bolting at the first opportunity if he was put into a rebuilding situation.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Rondo was a player worthy of building a team around, the Celtics would be doing it. Not interested in trading Gortat for Rondo. Nash for Rondo is fine.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the proposal is the Celtics send us their pieces that do not fit and we send them our good stuff. This blogger is a dreamer. Also where are those fans who do not want to build around a PG? Besides, IMO, Rondo wouldn't be happy with the Suns. I can see him being unhappy like Sam Cassell when he was traded to Phoenix.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like the proposal is the Celtics send us their pieces that do not fit and we send them our good stuff. This blogger is a dreamer. Also where are those fans who do not want to build around a PG? Besides, IMO, Rondo wouldn't be happy with the Suns. I can see him being unhappy like Sam Cassell when he was traded to Phoenix.

Wouldn't that be a disaster. At least Steve Nash and Gortat WANT to be here.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Nash & Lopez.... You got a deal. They can have Hill also.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WHAT playing style?

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rondo will STRUGGLE to get over 6 assists with Frye, Dudley as his finishers...

He'd probably get 4 assists for Gortat...

Rondo is a good PG on a GREAT situation.... he needs scorers around him to get assists... rebounds will come... he is not a reliable 20ppg scorer.

On the Suns, with Frye, Dudley, Morris as his team mates...
He'd posts 17ppg (40% FG).... 6rpg.... and 6apg.... and 2spg.
And before someone mentions Nash's assists numbers...

Nash is an offensive threath, he is also a tier above play maker over Rondo. Rondo gets his assists because he has Allen, Pierce, Garnett, Bass to finish plays for him. Nash CREATES offense out of nothing a lot of time.

Not worth Gortat AND Nash.

If they send in their 2012 first picks (2 of them) and a 2015 UNPROTECTED pick.... I'd consider it, because by 2015 they'll be in the lottery.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nash & Lopez.... You got a deal. They can have Hill also.
+1
Also,I dont think that trading for Rondo would mean that we've decided to build a team around him,as some are saying,it would simply be a case of adding a top notch PG who isn't going to be 40 yrs old anytime soon. A "piece" of the core. It would also mean that our points would be coming from somewhere else on the floor....which IMO is the way to go. Once you've got a Rondo-type in the backcourt the focus should be on finding players (preferably big guys)that demand the ball.

Once again,i love Rondo and Nash has to go, but Gortat cant be a part of that fantasy trade scenario. Having Rondo,Dudley,Morris plus Gortat and a high lottery pick would be attractive going forward.

JMO

Last edited:

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
+1
Also,I dont think that trading for Rondo would mean that we've decided to build a team around him,as some are saying,it would simply be a case of adding a top notch PG who isn't going to be 40 yrs old anytime soon. A "piece" of the core. It would also mean that our points would be coming from somewhere else on the floor....which IMO is the way to go. Once you've got a Rondo-type in the backcourt the focus should be on finding players (preferably big guys)that demand the ball.

Once again,i love Rondo and Nash has to go, but Gortat cant be a part of that fantasy trade scenario. Having Rondo,Dudley,Morris plus Gortat and a high lottery pick would be attractive going forward.

JMO

And then bring Hornacek in to work with Rondo on his shooting.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
+1

JMO

Amen, now that you can build around.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Perhaps it sounds great for celtic's fans,but not especially for us.
Well, it was proposed by a Celtics fan so I would expect nothing less.

As the trading deadline approaches I hope we can keep the newsworthy rumors from reputable sources separate from the imaginary trade proposals. In fact we even have a sub-forum for such flights of fancy here:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f45/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calm down

totally calm... just think it's high comedy that people think this motley crew has any kind of playing style at this point... even with Nash and Gortat. They don't... unless that style is sometimes slow, sometimes fast, but an ultimately non-explosive offense. I mean... what would you call our current playing style with Nash and Gortat?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash, Lopez for Rondo, O'Neal is actually a very good trade for both teams but yea no way are the Celtics getting Gortat!

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
totally calm... just think it's high comedy that people think this motley crew has any kind of playing style at this point... even with Nash and Gortat. They don't... unless that style is sometimes slow, sometimes fast, but an ultimately non-explosive offense. I mean... what would you call our current playing style with Nash and Gortat?

You are trying to start an argument with me because of some offhand comment I made which I retracted 10 minutes later (I would have edited it out had mojo not already replied to it). Seriously just calm the f down and stop attacking other posters over nothing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are trying to start an argument with me because of some offhand comment I made which I retracted 10 minutes later (I would have edited it out had mojo not already replied to it). Seriously just calm the f down and stop attacking other posters over nothing.

I don't think you said anything you need to retract. Cheesebeef has his own view.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

um... dude... how am I attacking you? I seriously want to know what system you think we're currently running as I don't see one. these are honest questions from me. not trying to start a fight here.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you said anything you need to retract. Cheesebeef has his own view.

agreed. just trying to understand Trifecta's POV. didn't realize he would take that as starting an argument.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
um... dude... how am I attacking you? I seriously want to know what system you think we're currently running as I don't see one. these are honest questions from me. not trying to start a fight here.

Maybe I took your use of caps "WHAT playing style?" the wrong way, plus the fact that you're always attacking other posters on this board over seemingly trivial things. Apologies if I misread.

To be honest I haven't watched a Suns game all season because it's so depressing - therefore I'm not one to ask about the Suns playing style. And did I mention I retracted the comment?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horrible trade. No freaking way. Why not throw in this year's first rounder on top of that?!?!? At least that would be consistent with this front office.

P.S. Wait for it.....Slinslin is about to post it's worth it simply because Gortat is part of the trade and it will leave his boy Lopez as our starting center.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose