Name three players currently on the Suns roster with the worst 3-point percentage this season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he takes a lot of clock based threes whether it's the shot clock or the game clock. He also faces the most doubles and triples. Regardless, I think he needs to raise it a few percentage points and hopefully with KD drawing defensive attention he will.

I looked up how he's shot with KD and the initial 3 games he was hitting at a 50% clip, 10-20 total. However he's been off the last 4, only hitting 6-28. So he's 33% with KD. He's streaky, like everyone else on our team. Going 2-10 in our last game really hurt given the small sample size.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What are the league averages for shooting guards using those same stats?
Here is the best I can do to not take up a ton of time. Of 89 guards that have taken at least 100 open threes (161 attempts for Booker), Booker's 36.6% is 38th out of 89. Not bad, but pretty average.

On wide open threes Booker's 39.3% ranks 88th out of 170. Again not bad, but pretty average.

He is a pretty average 3 point shooter even when open/wide open. I think that is a bit of a surprise as you would think that the amount of tough threes he takes is why the percentage isn't higher and amongst the best in the league, but I don't think that's it.

One thing that does hurt him is that he has only attempted 61 wide open threes this year. There are 147 guards that have taken more than this and some that even have over 300 wide open attempts this year (Bullock 318 and just 37%, lol).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the best I can do to not take up a ton of time. Of 89 guards that have taken at least 100 open threes (161 attempts for Booker), Booker's 36.6% is 38th out of 89. Not bad, but pretty average.

On wide open threes Booker's 39.3% ranks 88th out of 170. Again not bad, but pretty average.

He is a pretty average 3 point shooter even when open/wide open. I think that is a bit of a surprise as you would think that the amount of tough threes he takes is why the percentage isn't higher and amongst the best in the league, but I don't think that's it.

One thing that does hurt him is that he has only attempted 61 wide open threes this year. There are 147 guards that have taken more than this and some that even have over 300 wide open attempts this year (Bullock 318 and just 37%, lol).
I also checked it out. Using the following qualifiers:

-Site defines wide open as 6+ or more
-Position: All Guards
- Attempts: set at 50+ to include all guards that had as many wide open shots at 6+

Results:
League Average: 39% on Wide Open 3's
Book: 39.3%
Best in the League is Normal Powell at 54.4%

He appears be be average. It should be noted that using the same qualifiers? He is near the bottom of the league among guards in terms of attempts.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I also checked it out. Using the following qualifiers:

-Site defines wide open as 6+ or more
-Position: All Guards
- Attempts: set at 50+ to include all guards that had as many wide open shots at 6+

Results:
League Average: 39% on Wide Open 3's
Book: 39.3%
Best in the League is Normal Powell at 54.4%

He appears be be average. It should be noted that using the same qualifiers? He is near the bottom of the league among guards in terms of attempts.

That's where I got the data for my post. Where did you get the league average from?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave