'My nightmare is your lesson': How former NFL QBs who struggled now coach top draft picks

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
'My nightmare is your lesson': How former NFL QBs who struggled now coach top draft picks
Lorenzo Reyes, USA TODAY Published 2:10 p.m. ET April 21, 2018
You must be registered for see images attach

Ryan Lindley was a few beers deep.

He was watching an NFL game and talking to his friends and agents at Rep 1 Sports, who were tracking another client. It was 2016. Lindley’s career as an NFL quarterback almost certainly was about to end. He was holding out hope that some team, any team, would call.

“Somehow, we got to talking about what they were doing to coach their quarterbacks coming up in the draft, and to be candid, those beers had me going off the cuff,” Lindley told USA TODAY Sports. “So I said to them, ‘You know, if you want somebody to do it well, you gotta get somebody who has played’ – kinda jokingly, but half-serious – ‘I’d do way better than anybody you’ve used so far.’ ”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...an-palmer-sam-darnold-ryan-lindley/536706002/

Moderator's note: Please don't post entire articles. This is very important so that ASFN does not get copyright violations. A bit of the article, and a LINK to the article is a must.

@moklerman

Last edited by a moderator:

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience in MA the best teachers are not the best Martial Artists

The really good ones get it on day one, the rest of us have to work at learning and that makes it easier to pass the teaching on to others.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
those who can, do. those who cant, teach.

rather simplistic isn`t it? There is nothing wrong with having someone who has been thru the process passing on insight and advice to someone getting ready to go thru the same process.There are many reasons why players don`t turn out to be stars (Health,ability,wrong place wrong time,wrong team etc:)How many of the great players have turned out to be good coaches?Not a whole lot.Seems like the average/fringe players seem to understand the little things and give their knowledge to players better than a Coach who was a big star and got by on talent and physical skills more than technique etc.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
A lot of former back-up QBs that have become fairly successful as coaches. Kubiak, Reich, Pederson and Garrett and that is just the head coaches, lots of position coaches and coordinators through the years too.

It might be the path Drew Stanton goes since Arians always raved about how sharp he was.

OP
OP
moklerman

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
A lot of former back-up QBs that have become fairly successful as coaches. Kubiak, Reich, Pederson and Garrett and that is just the head coaches, lots of position coaches and coordinators through the years too.

It might be the path Drew Stanton goes since Arians always raved about how sharp he was.
Don't forget Sean Payton and Jay Gruden! ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson