My Draft Objectives

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
40 times are my least concern. It was is other testing that concerns me.

35th percentile height. 15th percentile weight. 14th percentile wingspan. 26th percentile arm length. 12th percentile VJ.

Small, light, short armed WR with small catch radius who can't jump doesn't scream NFL success to me.

Never put up 1000 yards. Was WR3 on Ohio last year and has descended every year. He was WR1 3 years ago. Then WR2 in 2020 and WR3 last year.

Just don't see high 1st round pick.
I don't either...

I see him in the late teens to early twenties and I think he's good for 1000 every year.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I like Wilson and Olave as 1st round targets. Not confident they will be there.
Wilson is interesting. He’s very raw but if he can develop the discipline to run exacting routes, he could be big time. I wouldn’t expect an immediate impact and I think he’ll get pressed often. Still if the Cards are patient that gamble may pay off.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don't mind me, I still think our draft should be bogged down in a trench... ya know, DL or OL guy, so our fancy toys actually have a chance but carrots are really pretty no matter if we have the horses or an adequate cart :)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I should add that I am warming up on Jameson Williams because of the speed we would add to our offense with good height.
That's the one guy at a skill position I would not mind adding. I believe due to his injury status he might not be able to go right away but also that might allot him to fall to us... the first time not playing a rookie would actually make sense :raccoon:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Don't mind me, I still think our draft should be bogged down in a trench... ya know, DL or OL guy, so our fancy toys actually have a chance but carrots are really pretty no matter if we have the horses or an adequate cart :)
I don't disagree. I do look at the first three rounds and think you are more likely to get a contributor at edge/cb/ol in rounds 2 and 3 vs dl/wr

A surprisingly underwhelming WR draft class for me.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I do look at the first three rounds and think you are more likely to get a contributor at edge/cb/ol in rounds 2 and 3 vs dl/wr

A surprisingly underwhelming WR draft class for me.
There might actually be a few good WRs in this draft but I am no longer able to really tell which guys are any good with the wide open way college ball is now

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'd take London, Wilson, or Olave if they are there at 23. I'm not so sure about Williams or Burks, but I think I'd look at Edge, OL, or CB before taking them in the first.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone I like further back in the draft (if he walls that far) is Christopher Allen from Alabama. He's expected to go somewhere in the 6th because he missed all last season.

He's 6'4" and 255lb and used to playing in a 3-4 or as a DE in Nickel. He had 6 sacks as a Jnr and let the SEC in TFL's. Had a sack and a forced fumble in the 2021 opener but left the game early with a fractured foot. Also missed most of 2018 with a knee injury. Probably would have been a top 60 pick if healthy. Good film break down here.

He hasn't tested yet. Is set to appear at Bama's 2nd pro day in mid April. So may rise a lot if he tests well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind either a WR or OL in Round 1 as long as we end up with Coby Bryant and Sam Williams in Round 2 and Round 3.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we draft WR, DL, or CB in round 1. If Jordan Davis / UGA, is still there, I don't believe the Cardinals can pass on him. And that's regardless of what CB's & WR's are still on the board. Davis is a HUGE difference maker & I believe he plugs our biggest deficiency right now.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Someone I like further back in the draft (if he walls that far) is Christopher Allen from Alabama. He's expected to go somewhere in the 6th because he missed all last season.

He's 6'4" and 255lb and used to playing in a 3-4 or as a DE in Nickel. He had 6 sacks as a Jnr and let the SEC in TFL's. Had a sack and a forced fumble in the 2021 opener but left the game early with a fractured foot. Also missed most of 2018 with a knee injury. Probably would have been a top 60 pick if healthy. Good film break down here.

He hasn't tested yet. Is set to appear at Bama's 2nd pro day in mid April. So may rise a lot if he tests well.

I doubt he lasts until round 6. He’s an outstanding athlete that I’m fairly certain will get a medical red flag from some teams. He’ll be classed by them as brittle. He’s had 2 major lower extremity injuries which aside from the brittle issue has stunted his technique development. He’s extremely raw. I thought about putting him on my 201 list, but I feel like some of his issues are motivation related. It would be understandable if he was simply discouraged, but my doubts made him a gamble. I‘m impressed you dug him out he’s not an easy target to get film on. That late in the draft everyone’s a risk, so I couldn’t fault him for being the selection.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt he lasts until round 6. He’s an outstanding athlete that I’m fairly certain will get a medical red flag from some teams. He’ll be classed by them as brittle. He’s had 2 major lower extremity injuries which aside from the brittle issue has stunted his technique development. He’s extremely raw. I thought about putting him on my 201 list, but I feel like some of his issues are motivation related. It would be understandable if he was simply discouraged, but my doubts made him a gamble. I‘m impressed you dug him out he’s not an easy target to get film on. That late in the draft everyone’s a risk, so I couldn’t fault him for being the selection.

Everything after round 4 my ethos is take the guy with none talent related flags.

In the draft thread last year I was absolutely banging the table to take Trey Smith in round 6 and some here were saying we should avoid him due to his condition. He was there for both our picks and we took Dimukeje and Gowan.

He was a round 2 talent with medical red flags that played every game for the Chiefs and looked like an absolute legit NFL guard. Imagine him in at RG now...

You have far more chance of guys like Smith or Allen finding injury luck than guys like Gowan or Dimukeje suddenly finding a leap in talent.

Guys like Allen and Calceterra would be the type of players I look for in the later rounds. But yes he may very well be gone by the 6th.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ebiketie is under rated in this class. Tested well too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to admit. Never heard of Ralph Holley.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been watching more Karlaftis. I was harsh on him and bought into the negativity that he didn't have the speed and was a 3T in the NFL.

I didn't think he could play in a 3-4 but he rushes from a wide standing position a bunch. His testing has been very good. I wouldn't be unhappy at all at #23.

I didn't realize he only just turned 21 today. He's super young. Jermaine Johnson is 23.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I've been watching more Karlaftis. I was harsh on him and bought into the negativity that he didn't have the speed and was a 3T in the NFL.

I didn't think he could play in a 3-4 but he rushes from a wide standing position a bunch. His testing has been very good. I wouldn't be unhappy at all at #23.

I didn't realize he only just turned 21 today. He's super young. Jermaine Johnson is 23.

I think he is an unsexy pick that would end up being a solid NFL player.

In some ways, he reminds me of JJ Watt coming out.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This looks like such a good DL class. I really hope we snag one in round 1, maybe round 2 as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA