My Draft Availability

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agreed to host a draft gathering Friday night ($). If I’m not totally exhausted, I’ll log on late. I will be on line all of round 1 and most of the day Saturday. I probably won’t stay for the 7th round unless the Cards acquire a pick.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watch the Cardinals Make the following trades on Thursday just to mess with you:

#3 to the Colts for #4 and #35

#4 to the Lions for #6 and #48

#6 to the Packers for #13 and #42

#13 to the Chargers for #21 and #54

#21 to the Steelers for #32 and #49

This would give the Cardinals seven 2nd rounders for you to catch up on late Friday night.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I have not been in the pro-trade down scenario but a couple of interesting ones if we do (and maybe 2):

Trade down with Colts for an additional 2nd round pick.
Trade down with Eages for #10 and #30

If fact, you might get away with both if QB's go 1-2-3 and the Eagles want Will Anderson (etc).

I would still take Will Anderson or Jalen Carter (either one if JG and Monti are convinced).

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Watch the Cardinals Make the following trades on Thursday just to mess with you:

This would give the Cardinals six 2nd rounders for you to catch up on late Friday night.
This ain't PFF's mock draft simulator -- c'mon man!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be shocked if we don’t trade down. I said it the day MO was hired we’d be trading down. One elite player isn’t enough for this team even if you are looking at a two year plan.
Of course the father we trade down the more we get in return.
With an additional second and another one for Hopkins I could see us landing an Edge, Center, Guard, Rb and Wr. I think bulking up on offense and giving those players time to gel would be beneficial when Murray returns.

The rest of the draft go all defense. There are still some quality free agents and June cuts that could be added to this defense.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ain't PFF's mock draft simulator -- c'mon man!!

LOL. It's how the MO earns the nickname "The Full Monti!" and lands this most epic 2nd round of the century:

#32: DT - Bryan Breese
#34: Edge - Will McDonald
#35: C - John Michael Schmitz
#42: CB - Kelee Ringo
#48: TE - Darnell Washington
#49: NT - Saiki Ika
#54: WR - Cedrick Tillman

It could happen I tell you!!!! :Dold

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This would give the Cardinals seven 2nd rounders for you to catch up on late Friday night.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

I would fly my sleep-deprived ass out to murder Monti Thursday night if he does this to me lol

Stout

Reaction score
I will be shocked if we don’t trade down. I said it the day MO was hired we’d be trading down. One elite player isn’t enough for this team even if you are looking at a two year plan.
Of course the father we trade down the more we get in return.
With an additional second and another one for Hopkins I could see us landing an Edge, Center, Guard, Rb and Wr. I think bulking up on offense and giving those players time to gel would be beneficial when Murray returns.

The rest of the draft go all defense. There are still some quality free agents and June cuts that could be added to this defense.
Only because they crapped the bed in FA this year.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Will look for your updates, Harry. I appreciate your insight on these players skills. This should be a fun draft for Card's fans (hopefully).

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There has only been 1 player in the last 5 drafts with a grade higher than Anderson, 2 this year plus Trevor Lawrence in '21.

Stout

Reaction score
I disagree a bit. They crapped the bed with free agents we signed the last two years, contracts extensions and draft picks.
Oh, yes, that goes without saying. Unfortunately, nothing they did to the roster in FA this offseason thus far will help them in the future. Cap space has never recorded a sack, a tackle, a reception, or a touchdown.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, yes, that goes without saying. Unfortunately, nothing they did to the roster in FA this offseason thus far will help them in the future. Cap space has never recorded a sack, a tackle, a reception, or a touchdown.
I hear you. However we don’t know how the draft will unfold. We have some cap space and there are still some good free agents out there to fill in some holes after the draft. There will also be some players cut come June and prior to the season.

For instance( example only) let’s say after the draft we still need a cb. Griffin, Ya Sin and Callahan are still out there. If we don’t get a guard that we need a guy like Dalton Risner is still available. If we don’t get the edge player maybe a guy like Leonard Floyd or Ingram could fill in for a year.

Realize I’m not saying this is the plan but it makes some kind of sense.

Stout

Reaction score
I hear you. However we don’t know how the draft will unfold. We have some cap space and there are still some good free agents out there to fill in some holes after the draft. There will also be some players cut come June and prior to the season.

For instance( example only) let’s say after the draft we still need a cb. Griffin, Ya Sin and Callahan are still out there. If we don’t get a guard that we need a guy like Dalton Risner is still available. If we don’t get the edge player maybe a guy like Leonard Floyd or Ingram could fill in for a year.

Realize I’m not saying this is the plan but it makes some kind of sense.
The old keeping the powder dry approach lol Not lol-ing at you, just at our same old, same old approach.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The old keeping the powder dry approach lol Not lol-ing at you, just at our same old, same old approach.
I don’t see it the same way and trust I am embedded In the darkside.
In the past Keim signed guys like Kennard. The guy was no better than what we signed this year.

I can’t figure this organization out. I’m TRYING to make some kind of sense out of their approach.

I don’t know how much smoke we’re blowing. Are we going to build a defense and leave Murray with a dollar store array of talent?

Or is that smoke seeing that Gannon said he wouldn’t be here if Murray wasn’t tge Qb? In my view we could come out of this draft ( with trading down and moving Hopkins) with a quality center, guard, rb and big Wr and still get an edge rusher.

Stout

Reaction score
I don’t see it the same way and trust I am embedded In the darkside.
In the past Keim signed guys like Kennard. The guy was no better than what we signed this year.

I can’t figure this organization out. I’m TRYING to make some kind of sense out of their approach.

I don’t know how much smoke we’re blowing. Are we going to build a defense and leave Murray with a dollar store array of talent?

Or is that smoke seeing that Gannon said he wouldn’t be here if Murray wasn’t tge Qb? In my view we could come out of this draft ( with trading down and moving Hopkins) with a quality center, guard, rb and big Wr and still get an edge rusher.
I mean, we're doing the opposite of building a defense thus far. I mean, we only need at minimum a starting CB, a few backups, two starting DTs, more DT depth, a starting edge, a few rotational edges, and, of course, a dozen off-ball linebackers lol

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, we're doing the opposite of building a defense thus far. I mean, we only need at minimum a starting CB, a few backups, two starting DTs, more DT depth, a starting edge, a few rotational edges, and, of course, a dozen off-ball linebackers lol
The road ahead looks like an interstate highway with 10 exits. Hopefully after this weekend we will see a clear path to their way of thinking.

Stout

Reaction score
The road ahead looks like an interstate highway with 10 exits. Hopefully after this weekend we will see a clear path to their way of thinking.
My two big things is getting the top guy at a position of need--clearly, without sensible argument, Anderson, to me--and getting stud young starting C. If we can't get a C in this draft, we never will. Do that, do those two simple things well within their power to do, and MO will have gotten a solid start to their first draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two big things is getting the top guy at a position of need--clearly, without sensible argument, Anderson, to me--and getting stud young starting C. If we can't get a C in this draft, we never will. Do that, do those two simple things well within their power to do, and MO will have gotten a solid start to their first draft.
Do you think there is another edge player maybe a notch below Anderson that would also garner us a guard, cb and DT?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What about a tackle pass rusher and center with the first three picks
Then adding cb and couple of big and nasty defensive linemen
Actually we have Fotu looking tarzan playing Jane