Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should say I'm looking at:

- A large portion in Schneider and Franklin Int'l small caps and Matthew 25

- A good portion in ING and Vulcan large caps

- Some in T. Rowe Price Int'l

All for varied reasons, but mostly for steady long-term investment and diversification.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read a really good article the other day discussing the "triple top" formation forming on the S&P, Dow, etc. if you follow this kind of stuff then you would think that this presages a violent set of volitility over the next six months probably starting in May.

This would suggest a run to the dollar and bonds, rather than stocks. I'd look at asset allocation as much as which fund.

Other than that, IMO the only difference to look for in any fund is the expense ratio - in a Fed controlled market the days of stock pickers is over until correlation returns to something other than one to one.

JTS

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should say I'm looking at:

- A large portion in Schneider and Franklin Int'l small caps and Matthew 25

- A good portion in ING and Vulcan large caps

- Some in T. Rowe Price Int'l

All for varied reasons, but mostly for steady long-term investment and diversification.

In my IRA's I have the Matthew 25, it's up 22% since I bought it which is less than a year ago so it's done quite well. I have 3 Fidelity funds that have all gone up too but less than the M25.

I am sort of with Jeff though I think we're getting close to a top here where the markets are going to fall off for awhile, so I'm getting more into cash. I'm about 60% cash right now and if it goes much higher I will probably make that more like 75%.

I just don't see why the markets are up this high, and what's going to keep them up this high.

OP
OP
Gaddabout

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 100 percent cash right now and will own a home outright. I am not interested in more real estate right now because Phoenix is on the front end of another bubble market.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson